[OBSOLETE] Absolute Simplest ESP8266 Smart Blinds, no mqtt, rest, bridge, or broker, just your board and your hub

Hey @shareaproject glad you got your issue from this morning figured out! And I’m eagerly waiting to hear how the battery/solar implementation works out, a few have said they’re gonna try it but I haven’t seen any real-world results yet…

As for Alexa and her Open/Close commands, amazon actually revoked them from SmartThings around the first of July and reserved them for starting and stopping her built-in “apps”. For example, users to say “Alexa, open Jeopardy.” or “Alexa, close Jeopardy”

First close stopped working, then later open stopped also. You can read more about it here: Alexa doesn't understand "Open" Command all of a sudden

And I know and agree that it’s awkward and un-intuitive to say “Alexa, turn off the living room blinds.” and I would MUCH rather have home automation commands take preference over the sometimes useless “apps”, but for now at least, we can only use the commands they allow us to… =\