any ideas about this ?
noone has ever encountered such behaviour on CT200 ?
[RELEASE] 5-2 Day Programmable Thermostat Scheduler (Weekday, Weekend) with Remote Temperature Sensor for each Schedule
any ideas about this ?
I have a CT101 but here is something to check. Do you have a music note on the right side of the display at half way point. if it is not showing up with a diagonal line crossing it over you may have enabled the chime and it might signal when the thermostat takes actions. Press on it and hold to disable it by placing the diagonal crocess over it. Just an idea to check…
On CT200, the note symbol only shows up in the menu (settings)
I have it there. When I press I see that it is disabled but it just seems to disable key (push) tones.
I just got my subscription to rboyapps and about to install the premium version of the 5-2 day programmable thermostat. Just a couple of questions.
- My CT101 thermostats are getting detected as CT100 by ST. Is that OK to support the CT101?
- Do I need to do a full uninstall of the free 5-2 app before install the premium and lose all my settings?
- How do I do HOLD on thermo where it doesn’t get overwrite my change when the cut over point reached in the app. Eg. if I want to keep at 65 but the schedule is set to put it to 63 as per “leave” value for the heat in the schedule. How do I keep it at that fix value of 65 and prevent the schedule from overriding it.
Hey there, to answer your questions:
- It shouldn’t make any difference
- Yes and unfortunately yes, it’s best to start clean
- The temporary hold feature when enabled stops the app for overriding the user defined temperature for a duration of the current schedule. What you’re looking for as I understand is a permanent hold, i.e. hold until I say resume. Here is how you can do this, open the app, unselect the thermostat for which you want a permanent hold and tap
Save. We didn’t add a separate button for permanent hold due to limited screen space. This way it’s very flexible, you can still have some thermostats running on schedule while others are on permanent hold.
[RELEASE] Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Thermostat (CT-30/CT-50/CT-80/CT-100/CT-101/CT-110/ZTS-110/ZTS-500/GoControl/Honeywell/Universal) Device Handler with Battery, Humidity, Lock Controls, Clock Set, Alarm, Swing/Temp, Deadband Configuration and Updated UI
I was mistaken. mine is a CT100 plus.
So it should be similar to yours but I can only change “sound” option in the settings menu.
And when I disable it, keytones are disabled. The other information tone continues.
any ideas ?
maybe I should hard reset it.
I think CT100+ should be pretty close to CT101. I think the major difference between the two is that + is a zwave plus as oppose to zwave and 7 day programmable as oppose to 5-2. I have no sound from system at all even when I enable the “note” which I am fine with. Give it a shot with the hard reset I would say. What do you have to lose other than re-entering some setting. Iyi sanslar.
tried the hard reset. it actually solved the issue.
the disturbing beep was gone for about 10-12 hours.
but then my ISP had a cutout and ST hub went offline.
after it came back, the beep started again.
now I have to hard reset again I guess. It’s not so easy. Especially when I have about 8 smart apps connected to the device. I have to delete the device from each and then re-add.
Try using the reset button. It doesn’t do a hard reset and tapping the refresh tile will resend all the settings back to it.
Just to get it right, are you hard resetting the hub or the CT100+ thermostat? You shouldn’t need to reset anything other than the thermostat and when you get your Internet access back everything should function as they did before. Am I missing something…
ok. got it.
I had thought that after resetting the device I have to delete and add it to ST.
RBoy, what’s up with the smart app version v03.09.04?
There seems to no longer be a way to change the temp without the scheduled temp overriding it within a minute or so. I have tried using the lock function, but nothing seems to make the manual temp setting actually last more than a minute.
Can we get a config to turn off this new behavior?
Open the app and enable the option for
Allow temporary hold if you want to manually override the thermostat set points.
Thanks, that did the trick. No sure how I missed that one.
@RBoy To add to my RFE request, would the team be interested in implementing a pairing for thermostats and door/window sensors. I just installed the new Sinope TH1300B Smart Floor Heating Thermostat and it’s working great alongside the other thermostat in a different room. While I could have multiple instances of the app it would be so much more cleaner to have the ability to pair a open/close sensor with each thermostat instead of just having a pool.
Also, not to press my luck, just wondering about the RFE for seasonal hold.
I just subscribed for rboy lifetime license. However, I am having issues with any @RBoy thermostat smartapp with a nexia thermostat (@edk208). Not sure if it is the rboy smartapp but there seems to be a bug in the rboy smartapp because if I use the embedded smartthings smartapp like the ‘Keep me Comfortable’ it works great. It sets the Nexia thermostat to the desired temperature. The rboy thermostat smartapp sets the desired temp but puts it back right away for whatever reason. I can see in the thermostat how the temp was changed by the rboy app but then the temp is put back to default within a second. As I looked into the events of nexia thermostat, it is indeed the case. Has anyone experienced this?
@RBoy, @maddie I’ve been having some odd behavior with the app. I’ve observed it on a couple of occurrences so it’s not just a today or this week thing AFAIK. Basically, I have the app controlling two thermostats. What has been happening is two things:
- Sometimes the temp changes way late according to the logs. For instance, I have a schedule of 5am @ 70F and in the logs I see the app sending the command at 5:00am to one thermostat but the log indicates that the other one was sent the command at like 5:46am.
- On some occasions, the logs never show the schedule change for one app. For instance, I have a schedule of 64F @ 8:00am and in the logs I see one thermostat being set but there is nothing for the other one at all so it stays at the previous setpoint.
To be clear, I am not looking at the live logging but rather the rather high-level events for the App in the IDE and the events for the thermostat in the ST mobile app.
If it’s happening randomly then it’s an issue with the platform timers associated with your account. It means that that platform either missed the timer or it overloaded and it timed out. It’s rare but it’s known to happen.
The best way to verify is this to look at the app schedule execution history. You can find this in the IDE under My Location -> Click on SmartApps next to your location -> Click on your SmartApp name -> Scroll down to the bottom of the pop up screen and it’ll show the schedule and history of scheduled executions for that instance of the app. If you’re seeing that schedules are missed then report it to ST support to investigate why your account is missing schedules.
There are a few suggestions from the ST staff:
- Try to uninstall and reinstall the app
- Don’t use half hour or full hour schedules as most schedules tend to run at the time which overloads the servers. Try to use an offset, like 4:55 or 5:32 etc.
According to ST, if a schedule is missed it’ll try to run it at the “earliest” opportunity (which could explain why it ran 45 minutes later). Since ST runs on many different servers/shards, some servers which are facing heavy load/issues at specific times explains why it’s inconsistent.