[DEPRECIATED] Network Connected Ambient Weather Station V6

STAmbientWeather Version 3.05 Available for Upgrade (New Feature Release)

This release adds the functionality to automatically create a special device for access within ActionTiles™ dashboard as a Weather Tile (See screen shot below). ActionTiles™ requires a paid subscription. If you are not an ActionTiles™ customer, it is still recommended that you upgrade to this 3.05 release but do not select the “Create SmartWeather Station Tile” option in the STAmbientWeather preferences._

ActionTiles™ Dashboard

Ambient Weather Station ActionTiles™ Integration

Required Files MUST be installed to your SmartThings IDE Repositories (Use ‘:arrow_down:Update from Repo’)

IDE Repository Filename Status
My SmartApps kurtsanders : Ambient Weather Station Service Manager V3 Updated
My Device Handler kurtsanders : SmartWeather Tile Station New
My Device Handler kurtsanders : Ambient Weather Station V3 No Change
My Device Handler kurtsanders : Ambient Weather Station V3 No Color Tiles No Change
My Device Handler kurtsanders : Ambient Weather Station Remote Sensor V3 No Change

Version Changelog and Important Information

1. Added a new STAmbientWeather APP preference option to “Create a SmartWeather Station Tile for use as an Ambient Weather ActionTiles™ Weather Tile?”.
  • When this new option is set to ‘ON’, and after SAVING from the APP, a local “special use” version of the SmartWeather Station Tile child device will be created with the title “Ambient SmartWeather Station”. It will only receive the required weather data fields from the Ambient Weather Station at the same update frequency as the STAmbientWeather APP refresh setting.
  • Please refer to the instructions on ActionTiles™ website on how to create a SmartWeather Station Weather Tile on your dashboard.
  • If one has already installed the SmartThings namespace SmartWeather Tile Station installed and reporting their local weather, the child device created by STAmbientWeather will not impact that existing device.
  • If one does not have SmartThings namespace SmartWeather Station Tile, you may choose to install and configure it separately so that your ActionTiles™ dashboard has both Ambient and local weather.
  • Do not modify the kurtsanders namespace SmartWeather Station Tile DTH or device as it is pre-configured to work only with STAmbientWeather.
  1. Added a unique Run number to each execution of STAmbientWeather in Live Logging.

ActionTiles Dashboard Builder View

1 Like