Today, I am pleased to provide the ST Community with the release of Ambient Weather Station V3.
This application provides:
- Integration of one’s network connected Ambient Weather Station and up to 8 Ambient temperature/hydro remote sensors into your SmartThings
- Access to ones’ local weather station data, regional weather forecasts, moon phase and weather alerts in the ST client Things List
- Control other ST home automation devices through SmartApps and/or WebCore pistons based on events from your network attached Ambient Weather station.
- Integration with Action Tiles for viewing selected weather attributes.
- A ‘No Background Tile Colors Option’ for Android o/s clients.
Screenshots of Device Attributes
Ambient Weather Station with multiple report sensors
The installation instruction and software are the the Ambient Weather Station V3 GitHub Repository.
A network connected Ambient Weather Station which connects to the Ambient Weather Network: (e.g. Model 2902A for example)
Supported mobile device with ST Legacy Client
A working knowledge of the SmartThings IDE
- Installing a SmartApp & DTH from a GitHub repository (see SmartThings GitHub IDE integration documentation for example instructions and use the Repository Owner, Name and Branch from installation instructions below)
Ambient Weather Station API Key (Required)
- API Key String
An Ambient Weather Station API Key is used to securely connect this program to your Ambient weather station data.