Refurbishing the bathroom and need ideas to tell the electricians (UK)

I have looked into webcore, it’s more getting the right sensors in place right now ahead of the walls being finished cables being ran ect.

It’s slightly different approach than somewhere your currently living that you can add to as time goes on

Are you wanting to get as many wired sensors as you can?
As theres not really much integrating you can do beforehand with battery powered ones is there?
Wouldn’t a Arduino be a good option for wired motion & humidity sensors.

Pretty much

Nothing against the battery ones, but while theres no ceiling boards might as well run a cable.

Currently spending my evenings planing out ontop of digital architects plans where i want things to sit to make sure power and com lines are ran as the ceiling goes back up. It does however highlight the old addage:

" Work out what you want to automate first"

I could throw a aeotec multisensor in the ceiling of each room and find uses for them later, but is that even worth it? at this point im unsure. Much like the OP, its a case of working out what i COULD do, before deciding what i WANT to do.

1 Like

thanks for keeping the discussion going.
update is the lighting feed is in, still deciding where to fit a switch, a cord switch or just relies on a sensor alone.
we are going to get some LED diffusers to fit around the area between the wall and the ceiling then fit an LED strip and Fibaro RGBW controller in the loft space.

going to use a battery sensor just now as i can retro fit an AEON once im happy with the setup.
Fan probably use a Fibaro relay

With the drywall down, running cat5 or cat6 is easy and cheap, having hardwired wifi repeaters creates incredible wifi compared to wireless only wifi repeaters.

i have cat 5e in the downstairs, but not putting it in the bathroom. and i have a network over the ring main to take it and wifi repeater to the shed.
for when i need to hide away

1 Like

Man Cave Shed!

needs tidying, but it has all my homebrew boilers in, and a space invader that needs a total refurb.
so the plan is there