Really Bad Update (v18.21 08/10/2017)

I think it might not be that in my case. I just realized that a ST A/C
outlet turned on at the same time the zcombo tripped. There is no rule
tetherering them. I ran a Z-Wave repair and maybe that’ll clear it up. Will
keep you posted. Thanks for the reply!

My lights are showing the correct status, but I can’t turn any of them on or off using the ST app.

My firmware read 18.00021.

I rebooted and tried an (unsuccessful) zwave rebuild.

I sure like ST when it works, but I find I’m spending way too much time messing around with troubleshooting.

I unplugged my hub and took out the batteries to be sure it was off, then put everything back and plugged it in. When it re-booted, different things were showing as unavailable than were before. I started with the plug closest to the hub and tried turning it on. For the ones that “refused” I manually pushed the button and that seemed to make it available to ST again. I worked my way arund the house and did every Thing. For the Kwikset door locks, I manually unlocked/locked the doors and even opened them. It’s almost as if the hub didn’t “know” them until the Thing initiated the action.This method worked for all switches, plugs, outlets, etc. I am mostly Zwave, with 3 Zigbee bulbs. All the smart routines workd tonight and I had Alexa turn a couple lights on just to check that out too.
Good luck.
Janet

So I got a very friendly email from support, and kudos to Jonothan, and bonus points for telling me to “boop” the reset button on the ST.

All fixed!

1 Like

I was out of town all last week and when I got home, none of my automations are working and im on a V1 hub still…

did something get pushed out that broke V1?

I think i had similar experience after the upgrade. One my of my smart things open and close sensor started behaving badly. When the sensor should be closed it was showing it was open. I had alarm setup overnight and woke up saying front door was opened/closed, and triggered my alarm. I took the batteries out of the sensor and put them back but that didn’t fix it. So i removed it from my account and so far I have not able to add it back to my hub. Maybe sensor have gone bad, but I have spare sensors that I tried adding to the hub and those didn’t work either.