Hi, I am purchasing a new home from a developer in Houston. It is due for completion mid-December. There is no smart automation or security built-in with the exception of pre-wiring for two security cameras and a Liftmaster MQ Garage Door. The house is 3400 sq ft, 3 story townhome with garage, living, kitchen and dining on the first floor. There are three entry doors on the first floor, one from the garage, one main entrance and one door to a small back yard.
Here are my objectives including nice to haves:
- Self monitored security sending texts to me. Includes, door/window entry, motion, glass breakage.
- Ability to control HVAC remotely
- Live online video feeds with recording, preferably for up to 4 cameras.
- Ability to monitor and control door locks and garage remotely.
- Nice to have would be to be able to turn off lights automatically or remotely.
- Nice to have would also be to get alert for door bell, be able to view and speak to person at door remotely.
I am new to this but enjoy gadgets and projects of all kinds. I would appreciate any advice on offer.