[Re-RELEASE] EchoSistant v4.5

(Stephen Rossi) #101

Could you provide the proper way to uninstall previous version?

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #102

Certainly,
Just remove each of your rooms and then remove the app by taking the big red remove button. In the AWS just delete the skills by selecting them and clicking on the actions tab.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #103

I’ll be pushing out small updates over the next few days, so look for updates in the IDE.

If anyone sees any issues, please let me know so I can fix them asap.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #104

A little bird showed me a little something and I thought I would let y’all know what is coming very soon…

Yes, those are my Alexa Devices and yes, they are being selected as devices in ST… without the need for a local running server!

Amazon Echo Input available for preorder
(Ron Talley) #105

Wait one Damn Minute! This is freaking AWESOME!!! i am NOT loving having to create a bunch of Virtual Devices but do love the authentic Alexa voice vs the “Fake” Speech Synth via LANouncer on Fire Tablets…

Bring it on Baby! Sweeeeeeet!!!

PS. Will this include Fire Tablets?

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #106

It can, possibly… Gotta test check on that.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #107

Yes… it finds them and it wakes them up to speak… at least it did that to mine

(Gib) #108

SO…how soon are we talkin’ here?

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #109

I’m waiting to hear back from the developer, but we’re probably looking at tomorrow.

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #110

Information:

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #111

For those of you following EchoSistant, I pushed out a couple small updates today.

1. some bug fixes
  2. additions to feedback.

You can now ask this…

Alexa, is the alarm on/off in the (House)
Alexa, is the garage door open/closed in the (House)

(Wes) #112

Bear with me for the Newb question, but upon first instal,l do I need both original Echosistant and V4.5? I am having problems getting it up and running, so wiped the apps and began again. but thought I’d ask before doing the same mistakes again.

thanks for your input.

(Wes) #113

umm. think I got it. just did the new 4.5 version… last time didn’t work for me now seems ok. thanks!

Wes

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #114

Hello Wes,
Thanks for installing EchoSistant.
You only need the files that are XXXX v4.5. There are 3 total.

(Wes) #115

Thanks Jason! Any reason when I ‘test’ my alexa skill I would get an (and hear a short tone)?
is that normal or do I have a weird setting somewhere?

thanks again.

Wes

(Wes) #116

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #117

Hello Wes,
That means that something isn’t quite right. Did you copy and paste the ST Token and ST ID into the Lambda correctly? And did you copy the complete ARN into the skill?

(Wes) #118

Found it again! I had the ID and token but my url was slightly different!. pasted that back in and getting proper response now! much appreciated

(Dave Jones) #119

Need help on ‘Add New Repository’ step. Get error "You don’t have access to BamaRayne/SmartSuite’. Advice?