[OBSOLETE] Denon Network AV Receivers

I spoke with Denon support. Seems like they disabled the web control for the newer models with HEOS feature.

Wow. Glad I did not get HEOS!

I got lucky in so many ways when doing my smarthome stuff. This is one of them.

All the models ending with H (for HEOS) don’t support web control.

A-ha. Makes sense now…

Here is the HEOS protocol explained. Indeed it utilizes telnet:
http://www2.aerne.com/Public/dok-sw.nsf/0c6187bc750a16fcc1256e3c005a9740/9193bea412104506c1257dbd00298c78/$FILE/HEOS_CLI_ProtocolSpecification-Verion-1.3.pdf

Hi all could we get a list of about receiver models that this DH works best with pls? I.e. model name and comment on how well it works?

I will be buying an av receiver soon and want to best model for st integration (but also need to get best match for my setup).

Thanks oh and great job on developing this BTW it looks amazing. Clearly a lot of hard work gone into this.

Hi

I got this to work with my AVR-1913. Have few pistons that switch inputs and connected to google home thru ifttt.

however. I have not been able to figure out how to control the volume - have tried setting the level and such, but not getting the behavior of increasing or decreasing gradually (one at a time) but rather in jumps.

any help would be great.

thanks

1 Like

i fixed zone2 for marantz systems.

change def z2on and z2off from request2(xxxx) to request( because you can use the same function as the mainzone. you also have to change cmd0 line to include zone2.

def z2on() {
    log.debug "Turning on Zone 2"
    sendEvent(name: "zone2", value: "ON")
    request('cmd0=PutZone_OnOff%2FON&ZoneName=ZONE2')
    }
def z2off() {
    log.debug "Turning off Zone 2"
    sendEvent(name: "zone2", value: "OFF")
    request('cmd0=PutZone_OnOff%2FOFF&ZoneName=ZONE2')
    }
3 Likes

Is anyone by chance working on a HEOS version? it appears almost their entire line this year now has HEOS. I have one of the new 3400H models and thus I cannot control it remotely.

Edit: Looks like the OpenHAB guys have a grasp on it

Has anyone had a problem with no icons showing up? Everything seems installed right, I have connected to GitHub repo with the most recent update. My device (Marantz SR6009) shows up in my app and my receiver turns on and off correctly, but none of the other buttons show up? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Most obliged for all the work done for getting this device going!

I’ve not looked at the driver, but perhaps most of the buttons are commented-out… and you get to add the ones you wish to deploy?

This worked great for me. :slight_smile: Thank you!

Thanks for the suggestion but as far as I can tell everything is active (not greyed out either when I view it like the text that is commented). I’ve tried deleting and redoing a few times and its still not working so I’m going to try it on other apps besides my iPhone to see if it has something to do with that!

*Update, I don’t know what happened but after fiddling for a hour or so doing random things something changed and it works perfectly!

Does anyone have any info about integrating Denon HEOS receivers? I THINK I see this DTH isn’t the answer I’m looking for - but is there more work coming to change that?

-Nathan

In my troubleshooting of my Simple Control iPad remote for my home theater system, I stumbled across some information that HEOS no longer handles direct web interface control, and their API has changed.
It’s more like a telnet session now, if memory serves.

This DTH won’t work for that without some serious overhaul.

That’s how I read it too… A shame. But hey, maybe someone’s up for a challenge…

Is it just for device control? Don’t HEOS devices show up as DLNA players on the network?

Nathan

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

You need that html interface to make this DTH work, which HEOS doesn’t have

I’m thinking a html to tcp bridge running on Raspberry Pi like alarmsever does for the EVL3/4

How about a harmony hub?! That seems a lot less complicated and prone to loss of control reliability

I already have one and plan to use it, it would work for the main AVR kit, but if I ever added external speakers… Just exploring options as my current 17y.o. Yamaha receiver died. I’m looking at the opportunity to be the start of a whole home networked speaker set so… the Denon looks like where I want to go, but of I want 7.2 and 4K compatability you can’t get one that isn’t HEOS… But HEOS apparently means no web control… Rock meet hard place.

Sure you can… Even the 720w supports 7.2 and 4k. And don’t say anything bad about it, because my Klpsch 7.2 speakers sound good on it lol

https://usa.denon.com/us/product/hometheater/receivers/avrs720w