[OBSOLETE] Denon Network AV Receivers

Thank you for adding directions. You nailed it!

Zone2 is just a variable. In my automations in Tasker, it’s at the end of each line. So when I tell Alexa “trigger tuner in living room” it puts MainZone as the variable at the end of the line; when I say “Alexa, trigger dinner jazz in the dining room” it commands Internet Radio with ZONE2 at the end of the line.

http://192.168.10.150/MainZone/index.put.asp?cmd0=PutMasterVolumeSet/-45&ZoneName=MainZone
http://192.168.10.150/MainZone/index.put.asp?cmd0=PutMasterVolumeSet/-45&ZoneName=ZONE2

The first sets the volume in zone one, the second in zone 2.
Perhaps you’d want to handle that by putting a zone switch somewhere on the screen.

You might also have a setting in the device handler where you tell ST whether your unit has one, two, or three etc zones.

2 Likes

Version 2.1 … added Quick Select inputs and Zone 2 handling.

Thank you @Glen_King for the tip!

@macombweare
No
Just run through the instructions as is. That will add the Denon reciever to your homes list of devices in SmartThings.
Then in SmartThings go to my home and things the Denon receiver will be there. Select it and then select the gear icon in the top right corner for its settings you put your Denon reciever’s ip and port number there.

somethings wrong with my Github integration. when I update a repo, nothing shows up…
this started to happen yesterday… I was trying to update nest-manager and it was empty I thought there was a problem from the source. and today, nothing happens(empty) when I update @SBDOBRESCU repo…

i noticed my repo has no Name… i tried making one up and an error is coming up… wonder if this has something to do with Repo udate problem…

you are not alone. A lot of people are having Github Integration issues…Join the discussion here

i should get credit for this FIND then…i brought this up yesterday… lol…

SB, the device handler in the first post is still 2.0 for my system and doesn’t show the preset functions or any Zone 2 stuff for my receiver.

The code at the very bottom of the DTH still says 2.0 as well.
Has this been updated?

yes, I didn’t get any errors that upload didn’t go through from Ide to Github, but I did have ide/Github Integrations problems today. I’ll double check

Hi, I have just enabled this Device Handler and it sees my AVR3311. Is there a way for me to use the HD Radio or other inputs? Also, I believe I have the latest version, but I don’t see how it controls my Zone 2 volume or toggles it on and off. Thanks!

for some reason i do not find my Denon 3200 receiver… i guess i can’t have it all…

my Denon reciever is detected by the Media Renderer though so i just thought it was odd…

oh well, thanks anyways for helping out…

HD Radio is not enabled. But I can certainly put it in with the next release along with some tweaks to the Zone2 … early next week…

I added the repository. I see the device handler in the IDE. I do not see anything new in my list of things (My Home section, Things tab). Am I looking in the wrong place? Do I need to add something in the app or IDE for it to show up?

1 Like

You are close…Now you need to go to Devices and click add + Device. Select the Denon AVR as the type, pick your location and Hub, then click Create…

Thanks! Working with my AVR-1613.

1 Like

Is there a way to change the labels on the inputs without editing the code in the IDE?

No, those fields are read only. They cannot be programmatically overwritten. (I tried) :smile: You need to change them in the code

Not to derail the topic too much, but how possible is it to modify this to work for Pioneer receivers? Is it possible to take this code and adapt? I haven’t delved into code yet (besides pulling from GitHub and using the IDE to set up SmartApps and DTH) so I’m wondering how to start on this. Sorry if this is inappropriate for this thread but I’d love to do these controls on my receiver!

I just got my smartthings hub this week and have been working to get everything setup. I came across this app and just installed it and it appears to be working fine with my AVR-X2100W. Thank you for putting this together!!

A couple of quick questions

• Where is the on/off button on this thing? Once I turn the receiver on, I can change inputs, volume, etc., but can’t figure out how to turn it on.
  • My receiver comes with Spotify connect as well as Pandora, which are my primary sources for music. Would it be possible to get these added as input options?

Thanks again!!

I cannot change the icons of the standard tile, so the on/off is Play/Pause (when you click on the top tile).

It is possible to add internet Radio…