SmartThings Community

Raspberry Pi Monitor

raspberrypi
(Gene Clark) #86

@cl0udninja I put port back to where it was, changed to manual IP handler and it’s working. Thanks again as always.

0 Likes

(Working on a secret project, are we, sir?) #87

Manual IP works… I never had any luck with the UPnP

0 Likes

(Gene Clark) #88

Wondering if anyone else runs into issues with low memory using Raspberry Pi monitor? Finished installing this yesterday and over the course of last night it’s been a steady decline. I’m still fairly new to Raspberry Pi so I’m not sure what the lowest amount I can go to is but I’m currently at 232 MB.

0 Likes

(Working on a secret project, are we, sir?) #89

I haven’t monitored that but I just added it and will let you know what I see.

0 Likes

(Working on a secret project, are we, sir?) #90

@cl0udninja I have been messing around with your DHT script. This one… https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cl0udninja/raspberrypi.smartthings/master/devicetypes/cl0udninja/raspberry-pi-temperature-sensor-manual-ip.src/raspberry-pi-temperature-sensor-manual-ip.groovy

But it doesn’t seem to work.

I edited src/main/java/com/cl0udninja/raspberrypi/monitor/service/TemperatureService.java to point to my AdafruitDHT.py and the json output seems to to be off.

{“temperatureC”:22.0,“humidity”:53.0}

It appends the C and seems to ruin the parsing. Am I doing something wrong ?

0 Likes

(Janos Elohazi) #91

I’m not sure which TemperatureService you’re using, but it returns a DTO that defines what the JSON looks like coming from the Pi. You can check the format by either looking at your live logging on the smartthigns ide or just call the url on your pi directly in your web browser. The DH is set to handle a json load that looks like:

{
  "celsius": celsiusInDouble,
  "fahrenheit": fahrenheitInDouble
}

It’s in the parse function. If your rest payload from the Pi looks different then the above you need to modify the pars funciton in the DH do fit your needs.

I hope this helps

0 Likes