[OBSOLETE] Raspberry Pi Device Type

Thanks for this info

Can I just check which model of pi you used please and whether it was Nicholas’s or ledridges code?
I have tried both code in ST on a pi 1 but I have also pi 2 latest model of which I have yet to try if the pi 1 will not work. It seems people have done it though including the OP (who doesn’t seem active on the forum for a while).

I’m pretty sure I have followed all correctly
ST will show device as active with IP hex coded
It will show live ‘seconds ago’ if I click restart on ST app
Confirmed Webiopi running
Confirmed directories and files exist
Changed IP in ST script and input password field
Changed line 39 to suit your change above

Totally lost now…

If anyone can get this running for me then I’ll make a charity donation or some form of return help however I can because I’m so frustrated!

For such little computing need I’d be happy to use pi 1 for this and save pi 2 to run win IOT core. Failing that a second SD card won’t hurt I suppose if I have to run it on the second pi but then I can’t try both at once.
In the same token if it runs much better on a pi 2 then I’ll do so as I’ll be adding many sensors.
If there is somehow I could get someone’s SD card image to try so that I can confirm it works (hoping someone has one without a ton of other personal stuff on) then I’d really appreciate that because I just fail to see why it doesn’t work.
The OP updated his files to suit the changes I believe and so is of thought his latest files would work

Maybe I’m missing something in the code. It appears to be just the tiles but maybe it is more.

Many thanks for your help so far

Hi Martin, I was following these instructions:

and modifying the file raspberrypi.py (instructions placed at ~/myproject/python/)

I’m using a model B, revision 2.0 (found from /proc/cpuinfo following instructions from http://www.raspberrypi-spy.co.uk/2012/09/checking-your-raspberry-pi-board-version/ )

Thanks for confirming.

Maybe I’ll have to give this one a miss for now.

Unfortunately I know nothing about code really and can only cut/paste trial and error.

I have tried the rasbyio too with no joy along with both sets of code in ST

I can log into rasbyio and Webiopi via browser remotely so no issue there
I changed the code to what you mentioned above about memory
I put pi on fixed ip and altered code to suit in .py file
I entered password in password field with .py file
Ps until is installed and appears to be ok

I just cannot understand what’s missing if so many people have had it going. This has been a highly viewed thread on this forum :confused:
Thanks anyway for your help

Steve, thank you for the work you did on this. I wouldn’t know where to start!

Please can I just ask if you followed the OP instructions for your install?
I’m totally stuck with an older version of the pi and have moved onto a pi 2 in hope to get this working. As far a I can see I have followed the OP post exactly but the majority of my tiles are blank.
Rather than blurb on I have some posts at the bottom of this thread explaining my results and errors.
It appears the OP isn’t active on the forum right now so in my last hope I thought I’d try you before I ditch it totally.
Would you kindly read my last couple of posts and indicate if possible where you think my error may be?
I’m not sure if I’m allowed to do this but I even offered a charity donation of your choice to whoever can get this running for me!
I totally now agree that berryio seems much more flexible than Webiopi and would be more than happy to use this.
I have freshly installed raspbian on a pi 2 and would be most delighted if you could offer a quick tutorial/ instructions for your install.
I’m a little confused as to all the files I saw in your GitHub and worried I’ll go round in circles for ever.
I await any hope you are kindly willing to offer me!
Many thanks in advance. I appreciate your efforts in this project
Martin

Hey everyone, I’m sorry that I’ve been missing in action the past few months. I’ve decided to pick this project back up again and see if I can port the Raspberry Pi integration over to berryio with the RPi & RPi2.

Give me some time and I’ll start posting updates to what I find and what I’m experimenting with.

4 Likes

Awesome!

I never got it working on my Pi, so I’m eagerly awaiting the chance to get this going once updates start rolling in.

Okay @Synthesis, I’ve got it working using BerryIO but I need to still update the documentation.

I’ve forked the berryio repository from @steve_ledridge.

Working with an RPi B and a fresh install of Raspbian Wheezy 2015-05-05.

I’ll continue to update the documentation and see if I can integrate the monitoring of inputs and activating outputs.

Follow these instructions here:

1 Like

Did this berryio integration work for anybody? I still have the greyed out tiles, same as in webiopi. Same symptoms, I can see the refresh commands and restart pi from the app. So it’s obviously getting back to the Pi from smartthings. i even reduced the code down to a single button for temperature and it was the same greyed out tile. Been at this all day and ready to Clavin on somebody. Not figuring this out will ruin my Thanksgiving, it’ll be all I think about. :slight_smile:

Speaking of Raspberry Pi, they just announced the PiZERO, it’s mostly a gen 1 RPi but in an almost ‘stick’ format using the + layout for the GPIO…for $5.

Nick,
I am curious if you ever managed to get ssdp working? I built a custom irrigation controller with the Raspberri Pi and some python and would like to integrate it into SmartThings.

TIA,
Krys

The pi Zero will be amazing for HA. @ $5 I can put one in each room of my house for ~$100.

I have been messing with this thing all day and havent been able to get it to work… anyone else?

What’s the issue? (Edit: Sorry, was thinking it was about the Pi Zero. Heh.)
I haven’t gotten this to actually work with my Pi, but I haven’t had the chance to start with a fresh build on my Pi or Pi2.

I have the same issue as @tishimself, with everything greyed out, but reboot, etc work just fine.

Everything is greyed out for me and i get errors in the logs when I hit refresh. See below, (removed a few strings I thought might need to be private)

2:31:15 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException @ line 138
2:31:15 PM: debug body:
2:31:15 PM: debug descMap: [index:0F, mac:801F0270947B, ip:0A01014A, port:0050, requestId:REMOVED A STRING HERE, headers:REMOVED A STRING HERE, body:Cg==]
2:31:13 PM: debug Executing hubAction on 10.1.1.74:80
2:31:13 PM: debug Getting headers
2:31:13 PM: debug Encoding credentials
2:31:13 PM: debug Device Network Id set to 0a01014a:0050
2:31:13 PM: debug Executing ‘refresh’

Which repo are you using?

Eh, one of the originals from way up above.
In all honesty, I haven’t gone back and checked in a long time since it didn’t work.
I have a ton of half finished projects like that.

I also ran through this and am getting the same issues as @tishimself and @Synthesis (everything greyed out while roboot, etc work fine). Was anyone able to get it working?

I’m having the same issue as @tishimself, @Synthesis and @rogerelef … The on/off button is not responding and neither are the few GPIO sensors I hooked up. The BerryIO web interface is working great and the api_command/smartthings page also seems to update just fine with the sensors. I believe the on/off button was working fine the first time I hooked up the pi a few days ago. All I changed was adding one additional gpio sensor following the instructions on the GitHub page.

I’m totally new to SmartThings and custom device types but will continue to poke through it.

Thanks for the great work on BerryIO for SmartThings!

So I got past the issue of tiles not working… I had a typo in the smartthings.php file, I forgot to add a comma. I found this by simulating with the actual device and the debug window told me there was an error there. Hopefully it is something as simple for you guys!

Now to figure out how to make it poll at a regular interval for these door/window contact sensors.

I’ve been lurking this thread for a while hoping to find a solution to the grayed out tiles. This is what my screen looks like. I hope it’s the same that others have.

I’ve tested the BerryIO way of working this. The web interface works fine, but I think this problem is with my smartthings.php file. Because of my own error I deleted the file and recreated it. This is the entirety of that file now:

{
“1M_load”:"<?=$load_average[0]?>",
“5M_load”:"<?=$load_average[1]?>",
“15M_load”:"<?=$load_average[2]?>",
“cpu_temp”:"<?=$temperature?>",
“cpu_speed”:"<?=$speed?>",
“cpu_volt”:"<?=$voltage?>",
“cpu_perc”:"<?=$cpu_perc?>",
“disk_usage”:"<?=$disk_perc?>",
“mem_avail”:"<?=$mem_avail?>",
“gpio_value_17”:"<?=$gpio_values[17]?>"
}

This doesn’t seem like enough. What am I missing to make it work?

@tishimself @Mcorry (sorry - new user can only link 2 users in a post)

I’ve fixed the issue with the tiles being greyed out when using the example code.

The guys who write the psutil library for python changed some of their function names (in June 2015 http://grodola.blogspot.com/2015/06/psutil-30.html).

You need to modify the python script on your raspberry pi. I edited the script with the command:

sudo nano ~/myproject/python/raspberrypi.py

The line

memAvail = round(psutil.avail_phymem()/1000000,1)

need to be changed to

memAvail = round(psutil.virtual_memory().used/1000000,1)

I’ll fork the fix in github and if it gets merged, this should allow the demo to work correctly again on github too.

1 Like