Rachio Iro Smart Irrigation Controller Integration

When @Tyler says so. :grin:

3 Likes

Got to the login step then:

Waaa waaaaaaa :confused:

thanks for letting me know its up :slight_smile: just logged in and set it up!

How? I get stuck. Not sure how to do it in the ideā€¦

i just went to the marketplace, found rachio under irrigation selected gen 1 for my unit and logged in

Curses! I get the same error for gen 1. Wonder why?

Patience please :slight_smile: Iā€™ll let you know when itā€™s ready for all customers.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve waited 6mos, whatā€™s another few hours :slight_smile:

Wonder if thereā€™ll be direct actions through Google home with this integration? On/off at least?

I canā€™t get Home to understand the word ā€œrachioā€ to activate the serviceā€¦this would at least be a little more reliable.

Try it again and please let me know if you have any issues logging in.

1 Like

mine works!

Mine also works.
Thanks Mike

@Tyler It mentions ā€œDefault Zone Runtimeā€ of 10 minutes, but if my controller is already set up with zone values, will this override those settings already on my Rachio?

This only refers to manually running the zone from ST. There is a slider in the zone device handler that adjusts this.

This will have no effect on schedules and such from Rachio

3 Likes

Online!

Connected to Google home, asked to turn on irrigationā€¦ Nada. Seems like GH integration will be limited through smartthings. (yes I know about the recent service roll-out)

Iā€™m pretty sure at some point there will be an official GH <> Rachio integration.
They made one for the Echo so it only makes sense for their to be one on GH.

There is one as of yesterday morning (eg recent service roll-out). Trying it out, Home has a hard time understanding the word ā€œRachioā€ when you give a command, so itā€™s quite flaky. (ā€œask rachio to turn on xā€ = ā€œask ratioā€¦ā€) Through smartthings, it would be a touch easier to say ā€œturn on zone one,ā€ etc.

Lol. Canā€™t you change the label in google home app to make it easier to reference.

Where do you see Rachio?

I wonder if it was pulledā€¦

Yep - tried that, but it wonā€™t turn on/off. Says ā€œturning onā€ but doesnā€™t - like itā€™s not actually recognized as a switch or something. Here it is under smartthings as ā€œirrigationā€

Apart from that, itā€™s only recognizing the main instance, not each individual zone.

I added rachio through smartthings, but also through the new service (as with Uber and now Harmony) where you have to ask ā€œhey Google, ask x to turn on y.ā€ Look under services to link your rachio account there.

ā€¦ First world problems, of course.

Every media outlet mentioned Harmony and Rachio among new partners but I couldnā€™t find either yet listed.