Rachio Iro Smart Irrigation Controller Integration

I can tell you that it the version submitted for release works really well :wink: Itā€™s been running for over a month with no issues at all.

Iā€™m excited for everyone to start using it. The sad part is thereā€™s no telling how long the certification process may take :expressionless:

If you use CoRE or Rule Machine you definitely can accomplish this :slight_smile:
The controller is the primary valve and when turned off it shuts off all zones.
Each Zone acts as an independent water valve\switch.

To start a manual zone run you can do this by sending the command startZone will trigger a manual schedule run of x amount of minutes.
The default zone water-time minutes can be set on initial setup and configuration.
You may also adjust them by sending command setZoneWaterTime(Int minutes) before running the zone.

At some point I hope to write a companion app to help automate these things similar to how Nest Manager Automations works.

1 Like

Nice, thanks!

Maybe, itā€™s a brand new house and they didnā€™t lay out the sprinklers very well in the front yard. It is something I will bring up during the 1 year walk through with the builder.

Thank you for understanding what I was saying. The other responses to my statement totally missed the point.

@alex who can @franzgarsombke talk about speeding up the certification process or at least how to get a status\ETA on Ranchioā€™s completion?

I am glad you have it submitted for certification. I am curious why you are not releasing the pre-release version for people to use while we wait for SmartThings?

It is my understanding there are hundreds of community apps currently submitted for SmartThings to review. An example was Rule Machine which served immensely more people than Rachio app would was sitting in the que for over 5 months and still never got done. I am just saying SmartThings history for reviewing apps is extremely Sā€¦Lā€¦Oā€¦W and releasing an un-certified version would be nice. :relaxed:

2 Likes

@dalec. The reason is pretty clear. If Rachio is going to put itā€™s name and brand on a sanctioned integration, they want Smartthings to ensure it is working as per their guidelines and standards. The community apps you mentioned were built by developers and not endorsed by actual companies. In fact, some companies (i.e: Chamberlain) attempt to block these community apps.

The best person to get things moving along is @Tyler as it is my understanding he is responsible for device certification. Tagging @slagle and @jody.albritton as well.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. We are working closely with the ST team and will let you know when the app is certified and available.

:beers:

Itā€™s a long line with huge witing period. #skybell , #arlo cam, and many others are still waiting and so do we :frowning:

I totally agree with you! :slight_smile:

However everything we agree on has little bearing with having a PRE-RELEASE version that users can use at their own risk.

@SBDOBRESCU
Wouldnā€™t it be fun to start a pool and guess when SmartThings will have the Rachio smartapp available?
I am putting my optimistic guess into mid-2017 :smile:

My optimistic guess is that it will happen after they approve RM to run local.

1 Like

@dalec We are being told much, much sooner than that :wink:

:beers:

2 Likes

Awesome! :raised_hands:

FYI: I am not waiting for the Rachio ST app before getting the Rachio 8-Zone 2-Gen. The integration will be VERY welcomed but not a deal breaker. :slight_smile: I am just bummed since I missed any discount opportunities.

UPDATE:
Ok, the Rachio is installed now and is feeling a little lonely not being able to talk to SmartThings :wink:

My wife tells me Iā€™m always negative. So hereā€™s me trying to think positive :wink:

I hope this doesnā€™t fall into the same pile of things that we are told will happen on other parts of the platform.

1 Like

" ā€¦ hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things ā€¦" ā€” Andy Dufresne (The Shawshank Redemption), after spending decades in prison ā€¦ while awaiting app approval from SmartThings :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So is this not even available to use yet?

No itā€™s waiting for Certification from SmartThings.

1 Like

This is great news. Iā€™m on my second year with my 1st Gen Rachio and I have been more than happy. The integration into ST will only make it better. Canā€™t wait!

So theyā€™re being told that itā€™s waiting to be certified only to be told 6 months later that itā€™s not even submitted yet even though on the submission page is still showing as pending?