Rachio Iro Smart Irrigation Controller Integration

When I get some time I would like to reach out To @franzgarsombke and find out if they plan on releasing something in the next few months…

1 Like

Awesome! That would be great!

I still have mine and love it! Would welcome integration but it isn’t an urgent item since it just works.

Yup, same here. I’m quite happy with the Iro app as it does just about everything I need it to do. ST integration is very low on my list, but would be interesting just the same.

BTW, thanx @StrykerSKS for the Ecobee 3 integration — one of my favorite smartapps.

2 Likes

He doesn’t seem to come here much any more, you might find it easier to reach out to them over on their community:

Why not, definitely interested

Hey guys I’m here. We are building an app. This is our 3rd try :wink:

Want to get it into certification in next few weeks. Can’t say a date,the platform has a lot of learning, but we want this integration as much as everyone else.

Rough prototype.

9 Likes

They may not certify very quickly. Please know that we can test for you if necessary.

3 Likes

@franzgarsombke Are you comfortable with community developed apps using Rachio’s API as well? I ask because those have been the ones that really provided the most flexibility and fast around turn around times.

Thanks, we have some contacts we are working with @ ST, but having a few people test is probably a good idea.

2 Likes

Sure, here to help.

:beers:

4 Likes

Awesome! @tonesto7 built an awesome Nest Manager app and we look forward to possibly another one. (Especially one that will work around the lack of pause). Just this morning my wife called me up to complain the water pressure was low in the shower! I am currently seeding and need to water twice a day and it’s never at a good time between showers and driveway being used, etc.

1 Like

Been hearing this for years @franzgarsombke, what’s different now? Probably better off having @tonesto7 making his own and probably made faster.

I would love to build the interface for the Rachio devices and App if they wanted to handle the rest :wink:.
Nest Manager has been under constant development for almost 4 months. It’s why it feels so polished. I’m not sure i’m ready to start from scratch on learning a new API and building an app around it.

I may feel different in a few weeks but for right now we need to get v2 released and then relax. I’m sure if @desertblade buys a Rachio that might sway me a bit :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The underlying platform hasn’t changed, we just started really simple this time. Our parent - child (device --> zones) controller was a bit of work to fit into the design.

:beers:

Hey, it was your idea :slight_smile:

Nest Manager is awesome and I look forward to 2.0. I really don’t take advantage of remote sensors and stuff, partly because I’ve been too lazy to figure out the rules/smartapp to make it happen, but hopefully I will be motivated with 2.0 :slight_smile:

On that note, @franzgarsombke, any chance you will consider bringing “pause” back? I know you mentioned it created a lot of challenges with the mobile and web apps all responding properly, and I am curious if any progress has been made on that end? Believe it or not, it was my main driving force between selling my RainMachine and going to Rachio and then it was taken away shortly thereafter.

Ordered one yesterday from Amazon. I am having my irrigation installed in my yard over the next few days, so I am in in making another SmartApp and Device Handler.

3 Likes

You won’t regret it. I consider myself an expert in smart irrigation controllers (I’ve had 3 and it’s a relatively new market), and the Rachio by far is the most reliable and polished.

Yeah I really want that feature back. Know that we are rebuilding our entire calendaring(?) model that will ultimately support this and more. Unfortunately can’t give a time frame as it is a good amount of work. The use cases are all really fun.

1 Like

I would be honored to help in anyway I can. I know how frustrating it is to design an interface on this platform.