Rachio integration broken? (March 2018)

Noticed this week, had been working last week. Devices are listed as inaccessible in the smartthings app.

Same issue here…

Edit: It seems that Anthony S. is already on it. See this thread Rachio "Slope is Null" is flooding Activity Feed - #7 by tonesto7

I just purchased this unit but I have not installed yet and I am within my return window. I am interested to see if this gets fixed soon.

Don’t return it. I have the Rachio timer as well. Although I have it sync’d with Smartthings I have never used Smartthings to control it. It is a great unit that does a great job just as it is. Smart Watering is brilliant. You won’t be disappointed.

1 Like

I agree with @smirkie - standalone Rachio is great. I have it integrated into ST primarily because it’s an easier connection to Google home/assistant. I frequently use it when repairing our water lines - I can easily access assistant on my phone and have it turn on one zone or another. Easier than accessing the Rachio app, anyway. I can’t say I use it for anything ST specific…

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, i’ll install it and give it a fair chance. I am interested in ST integration mostly for monitoring and just to have everything controlled from one place. I have a zone dedicated to watering plants on the porch I still like to manually control. Does the ST integration even offer any control over the system?

Just a reminder that Racchio also has an IFTTT channel, so as a temporary workaround you should be able to get some integration that way. At the very least this can be used for direct integration with either Amazon echo or Google home:

2 Likes

Yes, when it worked you could turn each zone on or off. I also have it displayed as a panel in ActionTiles that gives me the visual when the Rachio Schedule runs and shows the status of each zone/valve.

I would agree with the comments above that I do not use ST much for controlling the Rachio except as noted through Google Assistant or in my case mostly Google Home…

1 Like

It’s meant to be a mostly standalone system, like Ecobee for example - set it and forget it.

When you want some finer control - like being able to turn on using voice control, etc., it helps to have the ST integration. GH does have a separate command for Rachio, but in my experience it’s clunky and doesn’t work very well. Much easier to route through ST.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I was hoping for guys, thank you for the feedback.

4 Likes

Thank you for all of your hard work!

1 Like

I had similar issue a week ago, except my rachio said “unavailable” in smartthings, though it still worked in smartthings but wouldn’t with alexa i’m guessing because it said “unavailable” in smartthings. I did the usual, rebooted ST hub, rachio, nothing worked, but I then went into the rachio app and under “more” put the system in standby mode, then turned standby mode off and a minute or two later it showed up in smart things normally.

1 Like

I am unable to open rachio within smartthings. All my devices show unavailable. When I click on the smart app it just does spinny icon for few seconds and quits. I try to add it again and gets stuck on spin icon. I cant seem to get into to delete app and resinstall. Anybody else have this issue?

Try here.

I just noticed today that I can’t access my Racchio gen 2 in Smartthings Classic. So removed all Rachio things, then went to the Marketplace to re-add them, and every time I tap on “+ Connect Now”, I get “Something’s Wrong…We can’t load your screen right now.”

Try this…

This looks promising… But… From a newbie standpoint - HOW do I apply this so I can start using my Rachio irrigation system with SamrtThings again?

1 Like

Did you get this resolved?
I have the same situation…

Hey folks, sorry for the resurrection here but with the latest bump of the new SmatThings iOS app today, my Rachio is the last remaining thing that’s not supported. I have a Gen 2 8-zone controller and all of the zones/controller itself just come up as inaccessible in the new app. Everything is fine in the classic app, as well as in IFTTT, Alexa, etc.

Given that this is an official integration and not a community one, I’m very surprised it’s taking so long to correct. Or am I missing something on my end? I’ve tried logging out and back in to the SmartApp and all the usual, obvious stuff.