Quirky Tripper Support?

It likely is a bit older. I’m not sure when the firmware was pushed out. I noticed the OTA files when poking around the Wink hub. Mine had never been connected to a Wink hub before and it’s likely that those who have only used them with ST have the older firmware. There was rumor of a battery life improvement that was coming in a firmware update a long time ago, so there could be some benefit in updating them if that is the case.

Do you know what the updated firmware version is? Mine look the same as they have for months (paired a few back to wink to see firmware version)

Current firmware appears to be 1.8b00/5.1b21

picked up some at Home Depot for $30.

Just spotted that a few mins ago. Been putting off arming a few windows @15 each guess it’s time to pick up a half dozen.

1 Like

I picked up a couple last night an cannot get them to work…I tried to connect them. I changed the device type, and all I get is a “?” in the app under “Things”. There is no status when I go into the device. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Did you try using mitchpond’s device type? It works great for me.

Do you have a link? I’m not sure which i used

1 Like

Bingo…Works Great! $30 for 2, cant go wrong.

3 Likes

I have had a couple of them just go back to “pairing mode” on their own and I had to remove the battery for a while, then try the reset several ties to get them working again.

Anyone else have any issues?

I can get them to pair, and then use the mitchpond device type. But the open/closed state never changes. I am ready to pull my hair out!:rage:

If you paired the device before adding the device type, you’ll need to reset and re-pair the device. It needs certain configuration sent that only happens if the device type is “installed” in the IDE before joining.

Ok…so I created the device type, now I just need to pair it up again?

Reset the device by removing and reinserting the battery while holding the small, black tamper switch. Then re-pair the device.

1 Like

You sir are my hero. Thank You!! By the way I was able to pick up a 2 pack at Home Depot for only $20. For anyone looking to pick some up.

I just picked up the last 4 boxes at my home depot in the clearance section for $10.07 a box. $40.00 for 8 sensors was a good deal.

2 Likes

@Timgray I’m having issues too. I have two Trippers that were working fine until the release of the new ST app along with V2 of the hub (I’m still on the V1 hub). If I remove them from the network then add them they work for a day at most and then stop registering open/closed states. I’ve re-paired them a number of times and the outcome is always the same even with the updated device type.

Oddly enough they both stop registering in a different state, one is always closed and never shows open, the other is open and never registers that it is actually closed.

Anyone else having trouble since V2? I can take these back before I open the boxes.

I found that I actually had two bad units. they recently fell off and refused to pair again and when I paired them they had a zigbee id of 00000000000000000000

When I replaced them with the spares I had I have had no problems. But I also updated my devices with the latest code.

The trippers are very weak radios, they need a repeater very close by to function reliably. I added a couple of smartthings wall switch realy boxes as repeaters and the problems all disappeared. My repeaters are within 8 feet of the doors the trippers are on.