So an update after getting the devices and adding them to ST, I have the following feedback regarding these devices (and most of it is similar to issues others have had)…
- Using the code that @mitchp provided, I was easily able to add a new Device Type
- However when clicking the Save button, I noticed an infinite spinning loading gif next to the device type name so I opened up the Chrome dev tools and the console log indicated a JS registerType or registrationType undefined error (can’t remember the actual name sorry)
- I then proceeded to click Publish and set the Location
- Then clicked the My Device Types (even after warnings that it’s not saved even though it wouldn’t let me save it haha) and noticed it appeared but without a description so right away that might be a good indication it was corrupted but it existed so I proceeded to the pairing
- Tried pairing following the instructions, and like already mentioned in a post above, nothing happened or showed up in the list so using the above advice I quit the app and reopened it
- Then went to the Marketplace section of the app (star icon at bottom-right of the bottom toolbar) and went to Not Yet Configured and noticed, like mentioned in a post above, it showed up as Thing so I knew something was definitely wrong at this point
- Went back to the dev site, removed both of the Thing devices, removed the device type that I added earlier from @mitchp code to refresh everything
- Now I started from scratch again and got the same JS error but tried going back into the device following multiple actions/clicks I can’t remember haha and got it to finally save without error. Published again and set the location.
- Followed the instructions to unpair the devices (not sure if needed) which involved opening the devices, holding a button, taking battery out, then inserting the battery, then releasing the button
- After releasing the button which then put the device into repairing mode, I set ST to look for devices and this time it showed correctly for the device type that @mitchp provided
From there, everything worked and it’s already working for a lightbulb in my system! I didn’t try adding the device type in other browsers such as IE, Firefox, Safari, etc, etc.
Hope this helps anyone else!