Quirky Spotter?

@twack do you see your spotter showing up in battery mode even I. The quirky app?

OK, I have fixed the issues with the temp and the battery. I will submit the update to SmartThings ASAP. While weā€™re waiting on the fix to be released, keep batteries in the device and the temp should work. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Twack

Iā€™ve had mine showing no temp or humidity for a few days now. They have had batteries installed and been plugged in the whole time. I did install your app when first released, before I saw it just supported the power strip and not the spotters. I then uninstalled it. I just reinstalled it and added the spotters, I guess weā€™ll see if they start reporting again.

Thank you @twack!

Now it seems to report temperature as well. Thank you!

As for a small feedback, would it be possible to make the temperature the default tile? Currently accelerometer is the default (and biggest) panel but I think temperature is more useful datapoint you can get from this device. Just my 2 cents. :slight_smile:

@esung,

To change the default tile, go into the deviceā€™s details (you see all its attributes/states) and tap the little circle in the upper right of the tile you want to be the new default tile. The circle should turn orange-ish. Back out one and you should now see it as the main default tile.

Every attribute except ā€œbatteryā€ can be set as the default in this device. If you wanted to use it in a cigar humidor, then humidity might be more important than temperature. It all depends, so I made it changeable for everything.

Twack

If you have multiple devices and add another spotter after you have added the first you will get multiple versions of the first each time you add a spotter

@thrash99er,

Thank you for the feedback. I was able to test and duplicate. Work-around is to uncheck previous devices when adding new ones. If you have already created duplicates, you can uninstall the app which will remove all instances of all quirky devices and then add them back. Iā€™ll look into getting this fixed and into the net release.

Thanks,
Twack

Nice work @twack

Iā€™m curious on how you mapped the device capabilities?

Iā€™m assuming that:
tilt sensor -> Acceleration sensor
sound -> ? (motion?)
temp -> temp
light -> ?
humidity -> humidity

@twack

Thank you. I know the yellow circle that makes icon panel, but what I meant is when you go inside the panel. The largest panel on upper left is now about ā€˜active/inactiveā€™ but I rather prefer temperature to take the most prominent spot.

It seems that temperature only checks twice a day and on demand when refreshed. But sometimes even refreshing doesnā€™t give me temperature update but an error message on top of the screen saying ā€˜Error: No signature of method: physical graph.device.HubMultiAction.add() is appā€¦ā€™

my bug report. thanks.

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with the quirky units today? Both my spotter and strip isnā€™t communicating, even in the wink app.

Issue has been reported. There is an issue with pivot not taking commands too.

Same issue with pivots. Spotter seems to be functioning. Although temperature reading is still sporadic.

So I finally had a chance to sit down and get these added into SmartThings, but they still arenā€™t showing up on my list inside the Quirky ST app, is this probably because of the issues they are having right now? Or is there a step Iā€™m missing? My creds are accepted, I click next, I go to select devices and get an empty list.

Iā€™m having the same issues w/ the Spotter and Pivot. Iā€™m really curious, if anyone else noticed this. After adding the spotters to my ST, my other devices started responding slower. Is the polling of the Spotter or timeout of attempting to hit their API slowing down the responsiveness of the other devices?

Morgan

My strip started to work again, but Iā€™m not able to get my Spotter to be available to reconnected to ST after unpairing/repairing it within the wink app. Tried resetting a few things, no luck.

I just listed mine on Ebay. Pretty cheap if youā€™re a glutton for punishment.

Hello @twack
Does your spotter also check temperature once or twice a day only? It seems spotter currently in ST is not very useful as temperature reader after all. If there is no room for improvement for this behavior Iā€™ll probably return spotters and just keep pivot strip.

Thanks

Is spotter support withdrawn from ST app? Spotter I added before is still there but not getting any temperature update, and I newly added spotter is not visible to ST app at all.