Quirky GE Tapt Switch Device Type

Installed one and it’s been working great. Hasn’t dropped and reports status quickly. One issue I’m having is my amazon echo doesn’t recognize it as a device…

You need to authorize that switch in the SmartThings Amazon SmartApp

The echo doesn’t see it even though I’ve tried the discovery mode multiple times.

Discovery won’t find it until you authorize that device in the SmartThings Amazon SmartApp

Do not have to remove and re-add. simply edit the device and change it’s type to “zigbee switch”

Anyone else seeing this?

@Hussein_Rai you could also try the device type in the OP here.

HI,

ai am not sure what u mean op type here is there a link can u kindly elaborate thx…

OP = Original Post

They are pointing you to a different thread, and saying that the solution they are suggesting is in the Original Post of the linked thread.

Ok thx a lot …but cant see any link to the original post…i am missing something sorry new at this

Try This device type, Install it in the IDE and see if it makes a difference:

If you scroll up the full installation instructions are up there (the text has strikethrough but the info is still good)

Hi,

I am a new user i have bought a few of those switches because they we re on clearance at home depot.

I have but smart things hubs v1 and v2 I can easily pair with v1 shows up as GE zigbee switch…

Problem is cannot pair any switches to my hub v2 it shows up as thing and then when i go to ide and change to Zigbee switch also tried zigbee ge switch… However when i turn on or off from my SmartThings app nothing happens.

Can anybody pls verify that these switches work on smartthings hub V2…and if so how did they make it work…thx

They do work with the V2. I just put the hub to look for things and the switch in pairing mode. If you are having trouble, try resetting the switch by cutting off the power to it and then holding both buttons for about 15 seconds. It should pair easily.

HI

thx for the reply ca u pls clarify

1. first turn power off at tyhe breaker

2. do you turn power on again before holding both buttons for 15 sec can u pls clarrify thx

Turn off power and then turn it back on. Then hold the buttons for about 15 seconds to reset it.

Hi

Hi I tried exactly your instructions but didnt work I am in CAnada not sure if canadian model any diffrent.

stuck on identfying device,

I recently had to re-pair my Tapt switches and for some reason they would not pair as generic Zigbee switches. I used the device type from @mattjfrank and they paired immediately. You may be experiencing the same problem.

his never gave current state updates for me, and i had to re-pair the switch occasionally (a pain the ass- i had to cut power to the room)

i believe if its found you can go into your developer portal and manually assign a device category to it.

hi

Can somebody pls guide me how to use device type from @mattjfrank i am newbie still laerning …

I tried to go to ide platform chnaged device type to Zigbee switch but no luck.When trying to pair switch is not recogized comes as unknown device when i try to chnage to zigbee switch in ide then i can control the switch using my iphone cant turn on or off…thx for the help

I’ve been struggling with these for a few days. I thought that these were supposed to work out of the box now, recognized as a Zigbee Switch?

I installed the switch, held down both buttons for 5 seconds, and the white leds flashed to indicate the switch was in pairing mode. Using the ST app on my phone, it discovered it only as a “Thing”. When I used IDE to change the type to a Zigbee Switch, it was not working at all via ST. (Pushing the physical buttons worked, so it is just a light switch at this point.)

I reset everything and used the device type from @mattfrank and that allowed it to work via ST but only if I did NOT use the physical swtich buttons. So it partially worked.

So I reset everything again and removed @mattfranks’s device type. Tried again and still, only seen as a generic “Thing”. It is not seeing it as a zigbee switch as some have said. I do not have a WInk Hub, so I cannot test and see if the switch needs a firmware update. I read above that this should not be needed anyway?

I got a good deal on a couple of these switches, so I won’t be devastated if they are never going to work. But since several folks here said it SHOULD work, what am I missing?

Thanks!