For those who are interest, I’m going to talk about all these devices:
- SYLVANIA LIGHTIFY by Osram Dimming Switch(two buttons)
- Philips Hue Dimmer Switch(four buttons)
- Aeon Lab Minimote(four buttons)
- Original Xiaomi Wireless Switch(one button)
- Lutron Connected Bulb Remote*(four buttons cannot repurpose)
I test these devices with in direct line of sight of Hub v2, they are all within 50 feet and full battery, I’ve had them for at least a week.
- Lutron Connected Bulb Remote doesn’t really integrate with Smartthings, instead it control supported bulbs directly. You need to pair it with Hub first, then pair it with bulbs to avoid it “stealing” bulbs from the Hub. The working distance of this device is approximately 30 feet direct line of sight from bulb according to my experience.