Question about how to stagger turning on of smart plugs

Hi, I’ve recently added a number of GE Smart Plugs to control the games in my gameroom (pinball machines, arcade games, etc). I added them to a scene and can turn them all on at the same time, but I’d like to be able to stagger turning each plug (about 6 plugs) about 2-5 seconds apart. I’ve searched and searched but can’t find anybody trying to solve the same problem. I’m wondering if this is possible? I’m using the samsung hub and smartthings app.

Thanks,
Pete

My go to for this type of thing is webCoRE:

1 Like

Exactly… And you’ll unfortunately have an issue with time resolution on anything under about 10 seconds…

Remember unless you’re running local on the hub, it’s a round trip to the cloud for processing… You’re at the mercy of your Internet provider. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for the help! I hadn’t used Webcore before, but was able to get it installed and working, and used your example and updated it for my devices, and triggered it from a virtual switch I created. Now I can press a button on the app and have each group of machines turn on roughly 3 seconds apart. Thanks again!!

4 Likes

how much juice does a pinball machine take in startup?

Don’t know - suspect it’s different by machine. The light dim if they all go on at once.