Published Apps will not show up in ST Mobile

I’ve been beating my head against the wall for hours now. It’s been about 8 months since the last project I did with ST and that one went smoothly, this one is a different story.

I’ve published the User Lock Code Manager 3 different times. It shows published in IDE but I no longer have the My Apps category in the ST App and logout/login, app reinstall nor force close and reopen will change anything. What simple step am I missing??? I’ve also enabled OAuth to no avail.

I’m working 3 hours away from home on a limited timeline so any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I’ve seen my marketplace screen reload the Things tab when I click the SmartApps tab so I sometimes have to click it more than once.

Are you sure you’re looking at the SmartApps tab of the Marketplace and not the Things tab?

@krlaframboise Thanks for your quick reply. I am certain that I’m looking in the right tab, I just simply have no My Apps option. The first published copy of the app had the Safety & Security category written into the code so I purposely changed it in the second iteration and still nothing.

1 Like

There are a few other oddities with the system at the moment. The hub and devices are all listed under the location, but under the My Hub tab and My Devices tab there are none. It is telling me to claim my hub in the SmartThings mobile app. Could there be a system issue that is causing my problem rather than a mistake or oversight on my part?

1 Like

I believe this is exactly what is being experienced by some SmartTiles users…

@slagle, @jody.albritton?

Yes. Definitely a possibility. Highly possible. Lots of folks seem to be experiencing this, but many are not. Please email Support@SmartThings.com, per the usual crazy requirement to make this visible/priority within SmartThings.

[quote=“djwooten, post:4, topic:45477”]
The first published copy of the app had the Safety & Security category
[/quote]I’m pretty sure SmartApps installed through the IDE always appear under “My Apps” even if the category metadata is set to something different. That’s really odd that it’s missing from the menu.

Mine seems to be OK at the moment, but that doesn’t necessarily mean SmartThings isn’t having problems. You could wait a little while to make sure it’s not some temporary glitch, but if it doesn’t resolve itself, you may want to contact tech support.

They’ll probably take a while to respond so you could also try rebooting your hub. If you can’t get to the screen that allows you to reboot the hub, you could pull the batteries and unplug it.

1 Like

I haven’t tried rebooting the hub, I will attempt that now. I’ve been avoiding the support email as tomorrow I’m headed home and the lock code functionality is the only thing I haven’t managed to finalize.

That’s very unlikely to help in this scenario (and most situations, actually)… Very little runs locally on the Hub; it is mostly just a gateway / bridge from the SmartThings Cloud to/from your devices.

I have a Hub V1 for which the above statement is “extra true”. The Hub has nothing to do with missing SmartApps in the mobile App.

A reboot is possibly helpful for:

• failures of Smart Lighting or SHM (perhaps the only local SmartApps, I think).
  • Device connectivity issues.

This is unrelated to his problem. You misread his post and I originally did too which is why I deleted my first response.

It’s not that he’s installing the app and it’s not showing up in the mobile app, his problem is that the “My Apps” section of the Marketplace is missing.

1 Like

Oh… Ack. It’s so much easier to hope we are all sharing the same few problems, rather than there existing bugs scattered randomly. Sorry…

1 Like

Yeah, it seems the answer to my issue isn’t going to materialize without some help from ST support. I’m sending the email and crossing my fingers that I can get it figured out soon. The good news is that what I have left to do can be done from anywhere. Thanks for your attempts to help.

1 Like

Go into the IDE and go to my locations - click list smartapps.

Go into the smartapp and uncheck the box for: Enable local child app discovery:

that worked for me with another app. Not sure why though.

This removed the (dev) and now I see it on the phone.

2 Likes

This is unrelated to his problem. You misread his post and I originally did too which is why I deleted my first response.

It’s not that he’s installing the app and it’s not showing up in the mobile app, his problem is that the “My Apps” section of the Marketplace is missing.

Oops I read the title. My bad! Although if all apps had that checkbox maybe my apps won’t show?

That’s a really good point.

Do you have any other custom SmartApps installed? If not, and the one you’re trying to install has dev next to it in the IDE, you should try what @jjslegacy recommended.

FYI, SmartThings is aware of the “enable local child app discovery” issue and they’re working on a fix for it.

1 Like

And yet no update on http://status.smartthings.com …??

Haven’t they crossed the magical number of reports needed to trigger a status update yet?

So, when I woke this morning and had a post from @jjslegacy I logged in to try that and none of the device handlers or smartapps I had worked on yesterday existed. I restarted the process and low and behold it worked. There must have been a system issue that was affecting me yesterday. However the child discovery option was also needed to get the app to show in my installed SmartApps on the phone so many thanks for that as well. Now to see if everything is functioning as intended. Thank to everyone for your assistance.

2 Likes

Give this a shot…

2 Likes