Projector Screen Halt/Resume in webCoRE - please help!

Good morning all,

I’ve reached the limit of my rudimentary programming skills (not for the first time) and so I am throwing myself at the mercy of those far more knowledgable - please help!

I have a projector screen, controlled by a Fibaro roller shutter controller. The screen comes down right in front of a number of cupboards in which the kids store their toys.

The issue is, if an activity (via harmony remote) is triggered which uses the screen, causing it to open, and one of the cupboards is open, well screen damage will (and yesterday almost did) ensue…

So, i fitted contact sensors to each of the (5) offending doors. In CoRE, I had a piston which, if any/all of those contact sensors were open, would halt the screen after two seconds. Then once the offending door/s was/were closed, the screen would carry on opening.

I created a virtual smartthings device called ‘screen switch’ because of the poor reporting in harmony - if an activity is selected which needs the screen, then ‘screen switch’ is turned on, then when the activity is ended ‘screen switch’ is turned off.

I don’t have the original piston anymore, but it went something like:

If screen switch changes to ON
and
Any of Contact A-E are not closed
then
using screen, wait 2 seconds, STOP
then if
Screen switch is ON
and
Any of Contact A-E change
and
All of Contact A-E are CLOSED
using Screen OPEN

I just don’t seem to be able to replicate this functionality with WebCoRE which I know is my shortcoming and not the app’s - can anybody please advise? :slight_smile:

Many thanks!

1 Like

Just use 2 If sections.

If screen switch changes to ON
And
Any of Contact A-E are open
Then
Using screen, STOP
Send notification, “Close the cubby doors”

If Any of Contact A-E change
And
All of Contact A-E are CLOSED
And
Screen switch is ON
Then
Using screen OPEN

Under the Do section, click “With” and then the gear icon and select Asynchronous for each Do section.

Also, for Harmony instant updates, in the Harmony Activity, add the SmartThings (Harmony Switch) to the start and end sequence in the Harmony Activity. You will need to add them first in setup.

For example:

1 Like

Due to the fact that both ST and webCoRE are cloud based, you may have problems getting the stop within 2s due to network and processing delays.

You might consider having Harmony turn on a virtual switch and use webCoRE or similar to monitor the virtual switch and check the conditions before sending the open command to the screen.

1 Like

Ah, thank you both for your assistance. Ron, you helped me nail the commands I needed and Tony, you made me think about it a different way - I removed the physical screen opening from harmony leaving only the virtual ‘screen switch’ switching there with smartthings to open the screen only if all of the contact sensors are closed which as you say is a lot safer with everything in the cloud.

Brilliant thanks gents, all working as it should :smiley:

2 Likes