Problems with the Hauppauge 4-in-1 Multipurpose Sensor

I have problems with the Hauppauge multi-sensor, which Hauppauge has confirmed is a Zipato product. I am very new to SmartThings, so I’m sorry if I’m asking some basic questions.

It connected to the hub OK and I used the device handler recommended on this forum:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/philio-pst02-1a-4-in-1-multi-sensor-device-handler

It seems to work OK when the sensor is in the same room as the hub, but fails to work as soon as I take it out of the room. I have another z-wave device that works fine much further away, so I doubt it’s a problem with the z-wave on the router. I only have two z-wave devices (all the others are zigbee at the moment).

When I take the sensor to another room, it doesn’t work, but it’s still shown as being connected on the Android app. It’s coloured in blue, but has no message shown underneath it.

Whether it’s working, or not, when I “click” on the icon for the sensor, it doesn’t bring up another screen on the app as happens with other sensors. I don’t know if this is correct, or not.

With my limited knowledge, it sounds like the sensor is faulty, but I’d appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

I have bought a replacement, and it seems to work OK. I have set up automations depending on open/close and motion, and they work OK, so the problem with the first one must have been a faulty sensor.

Things still aren’t quite right with the Android app though. The device is shown in my list of devices, but when I “click” on it, I get an error message that says “Can’t connect to the device. Check device and try again”. “Clicking” on other sensors shows me information about that sensor.

I can see the events in the list of events using the IDE feature on the website.

I’m sorry if I’m being silly, but I’m still very new to SmartThings. I’m using the new SmartThings app, not the Classic app. This is because the new app is what’s recommended for new users.