────────────────────────────────────────────────────
- id: 0260/0168/0168
    deviceLabel: Heiman HS1DS-Z Contact Sensor
    manufacturerId: 0x0260
    productType: 0x0168
    productId: 0x0168
    deviceProfileName: contact-battery-tamperalert
1 Like

I have a problem with this driver. It paired well with the hub but the sensor changes from open to closed after 5 seconds of being open although it is still open. I tried with a new sensor but have the same problem. For some reason the driver defaults back to closed.

Hi @Francois_Venter

The driver does not emit the closed event if the device does not send that command to it.
Therefore check the manual of your device in case it has any configuration parameter that controls the reset time of the open state

There are no configuration parameters for the device. It worked 100% with the DTH for years. I still suspect something with the driver. It might be that the driver re-initializes for some reason. Is there a way to check all of this in the logs?

If you send me some logs I can try to see what happens.

Send them by PM so as not to mess up the thread

1 Like

Thank you. Will just first need to figure out how to get logs and will then send it through

Hi @Francois_Venter

This version of the driver already has the subdriver for the Heiman HS1DS-Z Contact Sensor to work correctly.

In 12 hours maximum it will be updated on your hub and you will be able to change to this driver again, then I will delete the TEST driver version of the channel. You can use the TEST version as long as you don’t delete it from your Hub

Name         Z-Wave Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc 
 Version      2023-03-31T22:19:14.973316174
1 Like

Thank you once again. I moved the driver back to the original Mc driver and all works fine.

An interesting thing I noticed while fiddling with the device is that the Tamper alert stays on in the app and doesn’t reset to Not Tampered.

I have seen in other comments in the forum that it seems to be a problem with the Stock Smartthings drivers.

It doesn’t bother me too much and I am not asking you to fix it. Just an observation.

1 Like

Hi @Francois_Venter

If you send me a log of the activation and deactivation, I’ll look at it. once the subdriver is done it is easier to solve it

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo

I have sent the logs.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Francois_Venter

This driver version has the tamper Alert modifications

Will be updated in the next 12 hours or installed with CLI

Name         Z-Wave Sensor and Child Thermostat Mc 
 Version      2023-04-01T21:02:32.550344307
2 Likes

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo

Thanks so much for your persistence in getting this resolved. You are a legend.

2 Likes

@Francois_Venter

It is a very peculiar device!, but it is already done

1 Like