I am new to this other blogs, but I a overwhelmed with options and would like some advice. I’m not too technical and not sure this is the right blog but here I go. I figure since we are building a new home, I may as well prewire for any eventuality I may need. I don’t know if I should have one smart home unit or multiple systems. Here is my wish list:
- Home alarm that can be self monitored without monthly fees or long term lock in, but with option for having monitoring done later if we change our mind.
- An alarm that has mobile notification for any change to system and ability to remotely arm, disarm by mobile phone
- Connected to home fire sprinkler system to get immediate notification if sprinkler is activated.
- One keypad is enough, better if touch screen with good user interface, and maybe (not necessary to connect to Amazon Echo, Alexa or Google Home.
- Front door bell with video and 2-way communication to my mobile phone when someone is identified at front door.
- I am installing surveillance camera. Like with door ringer, should it be connected or a separate system?
*It would be great to control lights and one door lock.
I don’t know if I am asking for too much, while asking to keep the user interface intuitive and easy to manage. Any suggestions would be very appreciated!