Prewired Contacts - DSC - ST Arduino Discontinued--now what?

I’ve found multiple discussions around integrating prewired DSC alarm systems with ST although many reference using the ST Arduino which was my original plan although every time I looked for the Arduino they were sold out and now ST notified me they are discontinued.

So, my house is prewired with window and door contacts as well as a siren but I do not have any DSC panel. Most of the threads I’ve found are years old and I wanted to know what would be the best way “now” for me to integrate the prewired contacts and siren with ST.

I’ve been doing some digging and I see some people mentioning Raspberry Pi (hosting their own alarm server) but I haven’t been able to find a walk through. Also I’ve seen discussions around using EVL-4.

Does anyone have a walk through as to how to set up a Raspberry Pi alarm server? If I do so where does the ELV-4 fit in? Do I still need to buy a DSC panel?

I kind of threw this together in response to finding out the Arduino has been discontinued, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks,

Chris

You would have to purchase a DSC panel, they are cheap off ebay. My recommended solution (slightly bias since I am part of the group) is the AD2PI Network Appliance by AlarmDecoder - overall a more flexible solution in my opinion than the EVL products, with active support and firmware and software upgrades still happening we have a pretty nice product.