Presence sensors: Just stopped working [Platform issue now fixed!]

@aaron what’s the latest, My entire flat is built around this platform I need it to work. I am literally in the dark and cold because my routines are not working!!!

Quick straw poll…

Is anyone here getting ‘Arrived’…‘Left’…‘Arrived’…‘Left’ goings on with their phone presence sensors nearly all the time. Realise the Smartthings presence sensor is fubar but I thought I could rely on our phones.

If anyone has had this issue how did you resolve it or what explanation did support give you as to why this is happening?

I was 35 miles away from my hub today yet my lights decided to come on…the go off…then come on…then go off…then come on because it thought I was home!

Luckily I’m testing as part of the insiders campaign! First the OAuth issue now the presence sensor issue, yes STs have had issues and they’re new (ish) I would have forgiven all of the above and still purchased as its potentially an excellent piece of kit!! HOWEVER as it stands I will not be keeping it when finished due to the super slow resolution of issues that arise. Its a shame because I actually really liked the concept but at the moment its nothing iftt and tasker cannot do more reliably :frowning:

1 Like

I absolutely love the potential of this system - the possibilities are endless.

However, there’s currently three major issues for me:

• Timed routines don’t fire (the simplest of tasks, surely). This is bread and butter stuff, and to be told by support to work around this by setting an offset of sunrise/sunset isn’t really all that great.
  • The Presence Sensor issue. Presence is a building block of most users’ systems and without this it’s a struggle. To get around this I bought a motion sensor for every room and set the ‘Goodbye’ routine to fire with the ‘things go quiet’ app 10 minutes after motion stops on every motion sensor, however…
  • Things Go Quiet app doesn’t fire when used in routines!

The frustrating thing is that the SmartThings service status page makes out that all is fine and dandy!

Has anybody heard from support when a software update might be pushed out?

OK so has there been an update somewhere? Two hours ago my wife’s presence sensor registered present which coincided with her returning home. This hasn’t been working for a while. Will see what happens when i get home later.

1 Like

Just check my wife’s as well since she was out earlier and indeed its updated correctly as arrived at around the time she came home. So it looks like it could be working, although there is no entry of when she left (around 30 mins before she returned). Unless they made the change in between that time. I will try a test later with my fob by taking the battery out.

Yes Mine is finally working again.

1 Like

Yep mine registered me getting home too.

1 Like

I’m getting presence working too!

No battery level though - is it the same for everyone else?

We are currently testing a fix. Keep posting if you find tags starting to work!

2 Likes

Both tags sprung in to life, and I’m Back! routine triggered.

Progress, thank you!

2 Likes

Yeahy!!! II really did just nearly jump for joy!! All registered just now!

Battery also showing too >>

1 Like

I’ve got a presence responce too! I jumped too! However, I dont have battery showing on mine yet… Could just be time.

EDIT: Please please please don’t change it back now (even without battery) as I’ve just re-configured all my rules/routines to work with the presence now! :smile:

2 Likes

Yes, now working fine for me too!

Mine shows a battery percentage now, and recently shows it arrived twice 3.30pm and 8.54pm however the sensor has not moved during this time. Positive leap forward - Routines triggering now correctly (Things quietening down and auto rules - but this is nothing to do with the presence sensor)

My sensor looks like it is working again :smile:

1 Like

This sounds like its back to some of the same known and not crazy-pants issues with the presence tags. If the recommendations here haven’t helped, contact support@smartthings.co.uk

thats possible. it might have needed to leave and come back before starting to report again… keep us updated on it’s reliability!

1 Like

Mine look to be working as well now :smile: