Presence sensor problem

Hi,

I have a presence sensor and it was working fine until today. Then I realized its battery was low and decided to change cr2032 battery.
Changed with a new Cr2032 but its presence did not turn to “present”
After several unsuccessful attempts. I removed the presence sensor from the mobile app.

Now the presence sensor is not available.
I tried to re-pair with my ST hub with no success.

When I press the tiny button on the sensor, the greed LED is lit. So its working but my HUB does not recognize it.

What can I do to reset the status on my hub ?

Thanks.

they are notorious for the plastic tabs breaking off when you replace the battery and then good contact is no longer made. I have a couple of extra from amazon for this reason (only 20 bucks) and am slow converting mine to install with soldiering in the plastic battery case with 2 AAA lithium batteries which seem to last over a year.

1 Like

that’s not the issue with my current problem. I hold the battery in my hand. Still not pairing…

there is a small button and light on the sensor… you need to hold the button for like 20-30 seconds to rerset the sensor… then go within a few feet of the hub when in join mode and hit the button once again… it should pair in a minute or two

doesn’t pair. the green ligt goes on and off but it does not pair

did you reset hold till let comes on to reset.

yes tried that.

Did you purchase the correct battery? Brands make a difference here; some fit correctly, others don’t. The ones that don’t will momentarily light up the indicator, but not stay connected long enough to pair.

I forget the brands that work, but I can tell you Energizers don’t work

I tried duracell and maxell. But the battery is not the issue. I hold it in my hand and make sure the battery is contacting. The issue is that my hub does not recognize it.

any other ideas ?

I’ve already written this to support but didn’t receive a reply yet.

Try rebooting your ST hub :slight_smile:

done that like 5 to 10 times…