Presence sensor not working again

Presence sensor not working. Registers as “present” all the time. Presence sensor is key chain type with battery.

Hey there, @an1uk!

The tracker’s accuracy may vary depending on the LTE signal strength in the area. Network traffic may also affect the tracker as well. If there are consistent issues with Zone alerts or presence-based automation, try increasing the size of the Zone using the troubleshooting steps below:

1. Touch the Tracker’s device card
  2. Touch more options
  3. Select Settings
  4. Select Manage zones
  5. Touch Edit for the Zone
  6. Pinch to zoom the size of the Zone (max 5,000 ft.)
  7. Touch Done

If the symptom persists and the status is not updated. You may need to reset the tracker and repair the device.

There is no physical reset process for the SmartThings Tracker. Remove the Tracker in order to reconnect it using the steps below:

From the Home screen, touch Menu (Menu icon), and select Devices
Touch more options (More Options menu icon)
Select Edit.
Touch the red minus icon next to the Tracker.
Touch DELETE to confirm. (Note: This cannot be undone)
Use the SmartThings app and the steps detailed above to reconnect your device.

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

This type of presence sensor…

1 Like

When was the last time you changed its battery? They are pretty battery hungry devices in my experience.

The SmartThings Tracker is a different device than the SmartThings Arrival Sensor or the original SmartThings Presence Sensor. The second two use zigbee, not LTE.

1 Like

Battery is fine. Deleting it and pairing with hub again got it registering when away and home. However automations are completely broken and Smart home monitor will not arm. So far as I can tell the options to use the presence sensor no longer exist in the app.

You can create an Automation using the status of Presence/Arrival Sensors and then perform an “Arming” action. Is this what you have done and are having problems with?