Presence (again) via the app

Thx Glen. I am a noob at message boards! I was trying to reply to userMT who reset his home location haha.

I tried this, and it worked again for about one day, then back to not working again.

Hey Smartthings, I’d like to suggest that you actually TEST your software before you release it to the public. It would go a long way towards some semblance of customer satisfaction.

2 Likes

go into your smartthings setting in the app, then go to get your location from this phone, reenter your address

I think I figured out why this is working. When my wife goes out in the car, she uses Waze almost all the time. Waze is dependent upon location services, which include WiFi.

Likewise when she goes out for her walks, her phone is with her and connected via Bluetooth to a Fitbit-kinda thing. This also, in order to measure steps and climbs and whatnot, relies on location services! So the phone is virtually always active when she comes home.

1 Like

I’m experiencing some delays on my presence lately, but my wife’s works fine. I have the newer phone, a Samsung S20FE, and still get Android uodates, so maybe one of these broke something. But it is inconsistent. Ive confirmed the app is current and my address remains in the home settings. I dont get it.

Wife and I have Galaxy s10+ phones. I set up an automations to send me a text when either phone is outside the geofence. When we are both leaving, I get a text stating my phone is away just about where I have the geofence configured. I only get a text if she “wakes” up her phone outside the fence. I have compared every setting and permission I can find and both phones are configured the same.

Smartthings support wasn’t much help

Smartthings support is rarely much help :slight_smile:

I have my ST app set with a distinctive notification sound. When I drive away, about a block or so, I hear it as it engages the Goodbye routine. Usually I hear it when I return too, about a block away, but a few times I was dilly dallying outside for some time before coming in the house, and still it never engaged (and so I get the security breached notifications and those routines engage).