(Pre-Subcategory creation) Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing

Electrical tape looks tacky. :grimacing:

I’ll have to look in to mounts for this.

Sandpaper it away :smiley: Or use some asphalt liquid rubber (from HD or Lowe’s) - bet it would look nice :slight_smile: Or some hammered paint :slight_smile: :slight_smile: These are all bad ideas, aren’t they?

I’ve mentioned this before, but we use them at our house and really like them. There are stickers made to cover LEDs which can also cover logos although obviously it’ll be a little bumpy. They come in blackout, black, silver, and white. Blackout obscures an LED completely; the others dim it about 80%. If you want white or silver on top, you can put that over a black one.

These work very well, there’s no residue when you remove it, and it’s a lot easier than electrical tape.

This is the brand we use. There are others as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009WSN8PK/

That said, if the logo is 3-D, you’ll still have a bump where it was. So an over frame might be aesthetically more acceptable. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Melamine sponges aka Mr Clean Magic Erasers are great at removing silk screened logo but it will dull the finish. I little 3M plastic polish usually restores the shine.

I guess this is the point where we should also say that actually physically removing the logo will often void the warranty on the device. :wink:

Haha, I was thinking about the old trick with sugar cubes.

But of course, this tablet probably has plastic over there and will get scratched…

1 Like

Confirming pressure cleaners don’t work too well for removing logos either.

1 Like

Try the blow torch…

Actually a pressure washer might work .

1 Like

That’s actually a good idea. Since they’re machine cut it won’t look like you just stuck some tape on it either. Plus, I have a couple of places those would be useful also.

1 Like

Plasti Dip will also work.

1 Like

I don’t think the tablet is water resistant, might be better off with a media blaster loaded with baking soda.

It could be mounted facing the wall, just put it on a hinge.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting idea! Put it behind a picture or a piece of art and when it’s closed it looks like just another picture or painting hanging up. Flip it down and you’ve got the tablet there. That or put the pic/art on sliding rails and slide it up/down to reveal the tablet. I haven’t done any of these tablet controller mounts yet but I think that would definitely increase the WAF.

Some people like that approach, some people prefer something completely hands-free. So it just depends on what you like. :sunglasses:

Well if it was up to me alone I would have a tablet mounted at every threshold and doorway in the house but it’s not haha

1 Like

Actually, I was being a smart ass… Lol… But… Now that you mention it…

I have a 65 inch Sharp TV. The main reason I bought this one was because it would be above my fireplace. When it’s off, I don’t like the giant black screen.

My tv had a built in screen saver. I just plug in a usb drive loaded with pics and it cycles through them.

It looks like a big picture.

…or a hammer… LOL

The “Deals” categories are dead. We need to centralize the New Deals to one thread or a few main threads.

1. General HA Deals
  2. Gadget Deals
  3. Etc.,

Let them be dead, I am going broke here :slight_smile: By the way anyone knows of good deals on LIFX or HUE bulbs? I have started replacing my GE links so I need a few…

3 Likes