(Pre-Subcategory creation) Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing

Are you pointing to be a watcher on the whole Deal category?

Yes, that’s my way of dealing with the problem. Others may use something else. I’m not saying mine is the best.

Yes he is, then opt out of each thread if not interested in product/deal.

There was debate back and forth on this. Personally I prefer it this way.

When all of the posts and discussion was in one thread, you in fact were getting the same amount of alerts as subscribing to the category. The benefit you have is to mute any thread in the category to stop hearing about discussion. Which should actually reduce the amount of emails you get…

Brief history of deals in ST community:

In the older, first deals thread, it was suggested because of all of the people bickering about what should be allowed to be posted in the thread . Then there was a spin-off thread that was just for continued discussion on deals from the deal thread (to appease those that wanted the deal thread pure of only deals) but getting continued discussion to happen all in one thread was difficult, often times some community members(including myself) would go out of their way to try to coax the discussions into that thread, but it was a losing battle and also a PIA to actually post links back especially on mobile for the threads to be in sync. Meanwhile community members still only looking for ‘deal’ posts in this thread complained about off topic posts. Then one day @April kind of randomly blessed us with the category. (Thanks April!)

Frankly there is just no way to keep everyone happy =D

1 Like

No v3 has been announced for the Samsung SmartThings hub.

What has been announced is a “hubless” SmartThings feature for the high end 2016 Samsung televisions, which will allow them to run SmartThings without a separate hub, although you will need an antenna dongle that plugs into the back of the TV to communicate with Zwave and Zigbee devices.

We’ve seen some pictures of the dongle, but it’s not available yet. And this isn’t intended as a replacement for the V2 hub, but rather as another alternative for those buying those particular televisions. And we haven’t gotten any details on the exact features that it will have other than that it will work with a Samsung camera as well.

https://blog.smartthings.com/news/smartthings-updates/samsung-tvs-will-be-connected-with-the-smartthings-platform/

Anything else you hear about a “v3 hub” in these forums is, so far, a joke. :wink:

3 Likes

This is just great, unplug the TV if you can’t control your lights! lol

2 Likes

Or when Cable goes out the whole house goes out.

Cable is just another input to the tv, it shouldn’t affect the home automation piece. Internet, on the other hand, may be a different story. :wink:

Well we all know that when internet goes down it is time to find a candle and a book.

:sunglasses:

True for many people with regard to entertainment, but doesn’t have to be true for home automation.

1 Like

Candle, book? What kind of devices are these? Zigbee or Z-wave? ST compatible?

3 Likes

https://www.amazon.com/Kohree-Flameless-Battery-Operated-Unscented/dp/B00MTJ8S5O/

IR remote, so they’d work with Harmony. Just sayin’ … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks so much, I got BestBuy to price match this one and picked up my hub today!

Very excited!

2 Likes

ST devices off 30% (if u use welcome10 code on top of 20% sale items). Thankful to slickdeals post.

1 Like

This is a good deal. You can get the 5 pack for $125.

http://www.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay

Home Depot buy of the day. Z-wave locks.

2 Likes

This is a nice deal… Was looking for one.

No diff from how it works currently. No internet = no smartthings.

Only those who choose a cloud based solution.

Used that to pick up some temp/humidity sensors. Want to be able to turn on a smart outlet which has a humidifier plugged into it, based on the humidity in the nursery when the baby has a cold. Which thanks to daycare is like once a month. Also want to monitor some other temps throughout the house. $150 for a 5 pack with the discount is a lot better then $215. Debating a couple more 5 packs while the sale is on.

Also you can pick up the home monitoring kit plus a leak sensor for $190. Add both to your cart, enter in the Welcome10 then follow it with using code “karlgift”. For that price you could buy it, resell the kit on eBay, and keep the leak sensor and break even money wise.

Has anyone come across any good deals with the Samsung smartcam pro?

1 Like