(Pre-Subcategory creation) Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing

I have one ready to be installed. It’s been sitting in the box since December, when I got it during a flash Amazon sale for 120,…:slight_smile: It has an IFTTT channel, I don’t think I need more integration than that…What do I need to automate other than maybe suspending schedule when Bloomsky says it’s raining…

Any (name brand) Z-wave lock for <$100 is a steal and well worth grabbing. I’ve had my Schlage Cammelots for 3 years and no complaints. Well not since I got the updated DH and app for ST. I won’t go into the horrors when it was on Wink, not the lock’s fault.

I would never automatically unlock, but I have used the remote unlock to let nurse in to see the FIL when we had a replacement nurse and they didn’t give her the code to get in. The double check that doors are all locked in good night routine and notification that it is jammed and of who has come in the house when, are more than worth it.

1 Like

Just checked jet.com, not seeing any that cheap. I have a new account that’s never been used to order anything. Got a link?

Careful, I only got $80 in the form of a water rebate in SoCal.

@dshokouhi
I see a rebate of $120 per device, why are you saying $250? Am i missing something? I am in San Diego

It depends on your address, for me I am in Reseda:

http://socalwatersmart.com/?page_id=5389

When I estimate my rebate from the above link it shows $240 per device (sorry was $10 off)

Unfortunately because SmartThings is a cloudbased system, it is rare but not impossible that any connected device may misfire even if there are no rules using it at all. I personally had a lock unlock four or five times in one week last year, and no rules caused it to do that. SmartThings support was able to verify that it was happening, but didn’t know why. Other community members have reported similar events. Again, rare, but not impossible. (I took the lock off of SmartThings altogether a few weeks later.)

This was a particular problem for me because my service dog is trained to open the door with a tug rope after the deadbolt unlocks. I was concerned that if the door unlocked on its own, he might then open it. :dog:

In other households, because this is a very rare occurrence, the solution may be simply to keep autolock set. With this feature, the deadbolt locks itself again after 30 seconds. That doesn’t require network communication, it’s built into the lock. So if you are just concerned about things that might happen when you’re away on vacation, if the lock did unlock, you could have auto lock set so that it would lock itself again. That would limit the vulnerability to 30 seconds. Whether that’s enough or not just depends on your own circumstances.

With regard to the $50 price for a Schlage connect lock at Home Depot, that’s a very good price.

The first thing I would do is check and make sure that the lock actually comes with the radio module (either Zigbee or Z wave). Schlage does sell these without the radio module, typically to contractors, to allow for a module to be added later, so it’s possible a particular Home Depot ordered the wrong ones.

If they do include the module, it’s also possible that that particular Home Depot has put everything in a Wink box on clearance. It appears that some of them are. In that case, it would be a great deal, since the same lock also works with SmartThings or other Z wave controllers. :sunglasses:

@Arun_Nayar

3 Likes

@dshokouhi makes sense, thanks!

socalwater rebate: weather based irrig controller was 120 for me. not enough to cover the controller. variable rebate by municipal district.

Hey, can I send you invoices for my dual flush toilets, clothes washers, dishwasher, rain barrels, soil moisture detectors etc and we can split the rebates ?

3 Likes

ROCAM NC300-I Security Camera with Night Vison, Wireless Video Monitoring, Two Way Audio on lighting deal sale at 2AM CST.

hahaha too bad when I use the controller rebate I cant do the soil moisture detectors lol.

Looks like they raised the price to $137. I paid $104 less 15% disc. for first order. My total was $88

I wish I could find some zwave led dimmer switches or even on/off switches on sale.
Do these ever go on sale?
They never seem to be a “good deal” lol

They have to at some point as company’s start releasing their new products certified for Z-wave Plus. At least that’s what i’m hoping for :grin:

1 Like

These On/Off switches (with power meter) are on sale for $25 at Amazon
http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B007UZH7B8/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1OQSL8A9AXPGH&coliid=I230TFSKD1V10G

1 Like

Also the good thing about those is that they also repeat the z wave signal, I got few love them.

1 Like

I think he was referring to in wall dimmer switches, $25 is actually a little high to say those Aeon switches are on sale. They are "on sale " for around $20 pretty regularly.

1 Like

Aeotec Z-Wave Appliance outlet (V4?)… Dang… I just paid $34 on Friday! What’s Amazon’s price policy? Or maybe I’ve got price protection on my Amex.

Ouch, I think I paid $18 ea when I grabbed them of BuyDig back in Dec. Or maybe it was FleaBay .

Well I got my Osram hub from Lowes today ( Gardenspot extensions were delivered on Monday ). Still waiting on the bulbs and actual Gardenspots to ship though. So much for the " will ship within 24 hours m-f claim) .
After getting Osram account, updating the hub firmware 3 times I was able to exclude/reset the RGBW can lights from ST find them with Osram hub, update bulb firmware twice and then reconnect with ST fairly easily.