(Pre-Subcategory creation) Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing

Iris opener $40 at my local no shipping though

Yeah that is for sure.

That’s great! I just bought some for $38 each and thought that was a steal.

HD had a few more of the Plantlinks laying on clearance. Grabbed a few just for the hell of it. I have 4 of them. Anyone up for trading something for 4 plantlinks?

I have some New Linear motion sensors and Iris contact sensors if your interested. I just want the sensor. You can eBay the hubs

1 Like

Home depot deal of the day has a few zwave door locks on sale

http://m.homedepot.com/SpecialBuy/SpecialBuyOfTheDay

1 Like

It’s 79$ in my area. In fact I have never seen deals/clearance that you guys mentioned in my Lowes or HD. :frowning:

1 Like

dont feel alone. I never get those deals

1 Like

Woot has the Rachio 1st gen system today for 119.99. It doesn’t seem like it integrates at all, does anyone have any experience with it? On the fence about this one

Bunch of Netgear staff is on sale today, including cameras.

Headed to Lowe’s this afternoon they have 2 Iris garage door controllers in stock, I can pick them up and ship if anyone wants one. Let me know by 3:00pm EST.

Update. I order 2 and went back for a 3rd after they called and confirmed my order. Price is now $79.99

so odd

Clueless on how they decided to discount items. My store Iris controller $39.60. The Lowe’s 6 miles away $89.10. 30 mile further Staunton VA $59.89

Individual store managers have the say on what they discount, how much. Usually based on what products move at that store. If it is selling they are not going to discount it. I only have 1 Lowe’s , but 3 HD within 10 miles and with the exception of the national sales what is on clearance varies greatly.

1 Like

If you go to Jet.com and sign up for a new account , you can get them for around $90 shipped

[quote=“dshokouhi, post:1174, topic:34950, full:true”]
Woot has the Rachio 1st gen system today for 119.99. It doesn’t seem like it integrates at all, does anyone have any experience with it? On the fence about this one…[/quote]

@dshokouhi
I don’t know anything about the Rachio, but I would recommend the HydraWise over any other smart sprinkler controller any day. I’ve had one for a few seasons, and it’s amazing.

There’s no direct SmartThings integration yet, but they do have an option to create an API key in order to integrate it with home automation systems (such integration projects are not yet my area of expertise).

It gets weather forecast data from the NWS and Weather Underground. So, mine actually pays attention to weather stations not only in my own neighborhood, but since I have my BloomSky connected to a WU-PWS, it gets some of that weather data right from my own yard.

Ended up paying for itself after the first season just by how much more efficiently it was watering (i.e. configurable settings like don’t sprinkle if we’ve already had x-amount of rain in the past 24 hours, and don’t sprinkle if it’s forecast to have wind in excess of x-MPH, and water x-amount more if it’s hotter than x-temp, and many more. You can also connect sensors, flow meters, shut-off valves, etc.

1 Like

I ended up getting this Rachio deal because I don’t think I need anything more than what it offers. Also my water company does a rebate for more than the cost of it so thats a win-win :slight_smile: I recommend anyone considering this to check your water company for rebates. If you live in SoCal you will get $250 rebate

http://socalwatersmart.com/?page_id=5389

1 Like

Just an FYI on the Home Depot Locks. It is the Kwikset 910. I picked two up on Amazon back in November for 100. The Home Depot sale price is the same as the Amazon and not the cheapest it goes for. I really love the lock and ST integration though if anyone is interested. Very happy with it.

Is the Schlage Connect worth picking up for 50 bucks. There is some at my local HD.I am just worried that my door would be unlocked accidentally while we are out on vacation or something.

1 Like

wow $50? I would say thats a steal considering I just got mine for $150 last month! I love mine and the fact that it will text me if it has been unlocked for more than 5 minutes. It gives great piece of mind to know it is locked or if the lock jammed.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Don’t have any rules in ST that unlock it and i won’t be a worry a all. I have one and only have ST lock it, never unlock.

2 Likes