(Pre-Subcategory creation) Deals/Sales/Coupons/Pricing

I just ordered (for store pickup) the GE on/off switch, model #45637 for $17.49
They only had the one locally, or I’d have picked up more… might check your local stores to see if they’re clearing them out for some reason.
http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?productId=3707736

Price in my area hasn’t budged since the deal has been posted in the other thread.

Saw this at a home depot near me on friday. Did a research online but couldn’t find anything if it will work with ST or not. Ill check tomorrow and see if it is still there.

Anker Cam $60 at Amazon with coupon code FQJ4OJKE
Since this camera doesn’t require a subscription I was thinking about trying one out.
Anyone know if this works with SmartTiles?

Just used it for store pick up and it worked!!! Thank you for passing along the savings…

THANKS! I CAN CONFIRM IT WORKS!
Used it at http://www.lowes.com/pd_753205-41277-9403-L___ and selected Store Pickup at my local Lowes.
Nice!

Target seems to have GE Link Bulbs A19 on sale? $11.99 instead of $14.99.
Not huge savings but still cheaper than some retailers.

2 Likes

With the bankruptcy and end of the HD partnership, I see a lot of ge/wink clearance sales across the board.

I’m unfamiliar with the bankruptcy you’re referring to?

The keypad only returns a four digit code and an arm mode back to the hub. It would be possible for you to write an app that would perform actions based on different codes, but using it as a standard button controller is a no-go.

Quirky filed for bankruptcy a few months ago.

@joshuairl and they were later acquired by Flextronics. I don’t understand why people link the GE Link bulbs to Wink, really. They have nothing to do with each other, but that’s a different story.

1 Like

I’ve got four dimmer switches I’d like to trade for the duplex outlets.
Let me know.

I can

1. When they first were released, it was at HD and tied to a promo, buy 2 get the wink hub free
  2. It actually has a little wink hub logo on the bulb
  3. The bulb’s instructions are written for the wink hub only

Heck look at target’s item description
The new GE Link connected LED 60-watt replacement (A19) bulb, enabled by the new Wink app, lets you remotely control your home lighting from anywhere in the world while providing the same quality lighting, energy efficiency and long life that you expect from the GE brand. The 60-watt replacement soft white (2700K) LED bulb, or A19 shape is commonly used for general lighting in table and floor lamps.

1 Like

Sad news.

It would be possible for you to write an app that would perform actions based on different codes

aaaaand this is an example of why ST isn’t ready for prime time. I’m not gonna learn groovy. Programming something like that in AppleScript would be plenty daunting for me, and I’ve been messing with AppleScript for two decades. (Also, Applescript is super high level, so it’s much easier.)

So while I appreciate your confidence in me, I am entirely prepared to not live up to my potential by continuing to refuse to learn to program in order to use my consumer devices.

Sure, I was asking if there was a way to use a device for something it was totally not designed for, but the attitude of “just program it yourself”, while it’s empowering, and yay makers and all that… no. It’s not the answer.

Anyone want to buy an Iris keypad?

Found this while searching IRIS on the Lowes site. Weird thing tho, I changed my store to a closer one and the price went back to $39.99.

GE 15-Amp 600-Watt White 3-Way Compatible Wireless Digital Dimmer (Works with Iris)

Item #: 339578 | Model #: 45639

I would disagree in that the ability to write apps and device handlers is where ST shines. Good luck with getting an unsupported device onto Iris or Wink. There is a large community here who have helped many users get unsupported devices added to the ecosystem or build smartapps for certain scenarios.

Does ST have it’s flaws, sure. All systems do. But being an open system is one of it’s biggest strengths

6 Likes

Got two today =D thanks for bringing this up.

Agreed.
It’s the reason I left Staples for Smart Things.
Staples Connect worked flawlessly but had a very limited number of items that could integrate. No IFTTT support and no future integrations coming.

I have to say that @mdawson is wrong in saying [quote=“mdawson, post:55, topic:34950”]
Sure, I was asking if there was a way to use a device for something it was totally not designed for, but the attitude of “just program it yourself”, while it’s empowering, and yay makers and all that… no. It’s not the answer.
[/quote]

That is ABSOLUTELY the answer. If you want to use an item for a way it isn’t designed, then program it to do what you want. Don’t complain to the community and say ST is lacking because it can’t do what it isn’t designed to do!

2 Likes

Lowe’s clearance prices are store specific, there was much discussion in the former thread. Some may be willing to match, others not so much