Pre-release of Fibaro Motion Sensor

Make sure you have @wackware’s device type and @Mike_Maxwell’s extremely helpful instructions handy…

I have 5… One of them was acting weird… Yanked the battery out and put it back… Battery issue solved. Took it out in direct sunlight and lux was back… Thereafter no issues…also while pairing keep it within 3-4 inches of the hub and I always started with a clean slate… Reset and then paired.

Thanks! Pulling the battery definitely seemed to fix that. As far as Lux, since it’s night out now, there is no sunlight but did try holding it to a table lamp :smile:

Lux is now reporting! Not sure if it was the battery full or holding up too light. My guess is the battery pull.

1 Like

Also by default there is a reporting time threshold as well as lux cutoff (lack of better term) when it reports that. Parameters 40 and 42 needs to be changed for that as far as I remember. But first get the basics working. More info in “interpeting lux values” thread if you search.

Can someone point out the post that has the instructions for modifying the LED light, time threshold, etc?

The original thread is here:

@smart has cleaned up my babbling a bit, not sure what post in this thread contains that effort.

This appears to be all lux related. I didn’t see where to modify the LED flash on motion, etc. Unless I totally missed it…which is possible since it is late.

Yea, this thread is getting long…
Temp/motion blink blinky off: set parameter 80 value 0
Earthquake blink blinky off: set parameter 89 value 0

Just to circle back on this, it’s working perfect. When the kitchen recessed lighting is on, it says Lux 13, and when it’s off, it says Lux 0. I modified value 40 to 0,0 and then the Smart Nightlight app to only fire on my Hue’s when Lux is below 10. Thanks for your help!

It sickens me what a rip off some stores liek CVS are. It was $15.00 for a Duracell CR123A. I go on Amazon and they have a 8 pack for 16 bucks!!! http://www.amazon.com/DL123A-Duracell-Ultra-Lithium-Batteries-CR123A/dp/B002IGW15G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1424253976&sr=8-2&keywords=CR123A

Using batteries is the trend in home automation. However, not only does it increase landfill waste it also increases maintenance cost. It makes it worse when there aren’t rechargable alternatives as in CR123A (at least none that work well). And the range of prices charged for CR123A is like the wild west. And there aren’t any objective comparisons of CR123A brands.

If you haven’t noticed, battery management is my pet peeve.

Thanks for pointing out more competitive alternative (and sorry about getting off topic).

P.S. Noticed $14.50 for 8 not requiring prime: http://www.amazon.com/DL123A-Duracell-Ultra-Lithium-Batteries-CR123A/dp/B002IGW15G/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1EALKCELCYUZN

1 Like

Would I have to exclude and include the device to get the new parameters or if I update the device type will it just update all my Fibaros?

no need to exclude/include, but you do have to wake up each one (b button until it stays blue), then make the parameter changes for each one.
For these I’ve just been loading the device in the ide, then selecting the actual device i want to update, wake it up, push the changes, next one…
How you update these is dependent on where you are made the parameter changes in the device code.
Configure() is only called during pairing.
resetParams2StDefaults() can be executed fro the IDE

How are you pushing the changes in the IDE? You can see that I edited 80 to be zero. Did I do that correctly? I added a new sensor I just got today and it still flashes on motion.

def resetParams2StDefaults() {
log.debug “Resetting Sensor Parameters to SmartThings Compatible Defaults”
def cmds =
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [10], parameterNumber: 1, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [15], parameterNumber: 2, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [1], parameterNumber: 3, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [2], parameterNumber: 4, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,30], parameterNumber: 6, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 8, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,200], parameterNumber: 9, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 12, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 16, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [15], parameterNumber: 20, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,30], parameterNumber: 22, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [4], parameterNumber: 24, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 26, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,200], parameterNumber: 40, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,0], parameterNumber: 42, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [5], parameterNumber: 60, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [3,132], parameterNumber: 62, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,0], parameterNumber: 64, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,0], parameterNumber: 66, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0], parameterNumber: 80, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [50], parameterNumber: 81, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [0,100], parameterNumber: 82, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [3,232], parameterNumber: 83, size: 2).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [18], parameterNumber: 86, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [28], parameterNumber: 87, size: 1).format()
cmds << zwave.configurationV1.configurationSet(configurationValue: [1], parameterNumber: 89, size: 1).format()

Yea, I did them via the IDE, as I was too lazy to add to the configure section, yea that looks right.
Now, you need run the simulator, select the real device you want to configure, wake it up, and while the blue light’s on click the resetParams2StDefaults button…

There’s two flashy flashy modes, one for motion, the other for vibration, 80 is motion, 89 I think is vibration…

I guess I’m missing something on waking it up. When I press the button on the sensor, it goes from purple to yellow/green. It never displays blue.

Wait, I think I have it. Testing on another one. Yep. that did it.

Although, my new sensor just dropped to 1% battery. I’ll let it go overnight in case it is a false entry. It also is not displaying lux. But if I recall, that only happens with big changes or something like that.

Yea, there’s separate parameters for that, I think the default is 200 lux?, there’s also a lux reporting interval you can dink with…

Have you tried adjusting the sensitivity at all? Curious what others have found.

Also curious if anyone has used this:

64.TEMPERATURE REPORTS INTERVAL
The parameter determines how often the temperature reports will be sent to the main controller.
Available settings: 0 - 65535 (1 - 65535 sekund; 0 = reports are not sent)
Default setting: 0 Parameter size: 2 [byte]

Looks like that by default temp isn’t sent. But I do get temp updates from my sensors. So, what am I missing? Is it sending when other updates occur?

Also, how would you apply the settings to a single sensor? I changed the device type to not flash (parameter 80) on motion, which was applied to all my sensors. If I have one I want to adjust the sensitivity on, how would I apply it to that single sensor?