[PRE-RELEASE] EchoSistant V5 - Evolution

Oh boy, talking about setting high expectations…

I know right… He’s talking about us… The ones that issued at least two updates a day… Everyday!

ATTENTION!! - ATTENTION!!

EchoSistant Version 5 - Evolution is about to start Alpha Testing. Please note that is ALPHA testing.

We are looking for bugs to be fixed and then feature additions. On that note we need testers that are willing
to put the system through the paces and REPORT the problems they have with as much detail as possible.

Also note, if you are a current user of EchoSistant we are asking that all Testers remove any previous versions of EchoSistant and operate ONLY version 5.

Please PM me if you would like to be on the Alpha Testing Team.

We are expecting to start the process within a week, but please realize this may change and be delayed.

Thank you,
~The EchoSistant Team

3 Likes

DISCLAIMER!!!

This will be a closed alpha…
Meaning no publishing of features or sharing of code with others outside the test group! ( We will know :wink: )

1 Like

That’s all part of the NDA, IP, and FBI background check they will have to get first.

… and we have reached our required number of Testers.

Thank you and please stand by.

disclaimer: This means no more pm’s :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was about to install echosistant 4.5. Will there be an upgrade process from 4.5 to 5.0 or is it a full replacement?

It is unfortunately a full replacement… but worth the trouble.

Is the process going to be the same?

About the only thing that will be the same… is well… nothing… lol

No, the process is not going to be even close to what it is now.

1 Like

I guess you’ll just have to release v5 to show us the difference :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s the plan… so far…

OP posted in September.
We are in December.
Any aproximative timeline?

3 Likes

Take a look at the 1st post in this thread!

1 Like

A couple of things I’d love Alexa to do

1. set a timer and send me a notification when the time is done.
    For instance, I make some tea and I set a timer for 7 minutes to let me know when the steeper is done. Sometimes I go back to my office and forget about the timer. I’d like alexa to send me an sms when the time is done.

2. I ask alexa what windows are still open and she replies with all window contact sensors which are still open.

Can echosistant v5 do these?

actually, you can do that with the current version

8 Likes

From the EchoSistant Team, Merry Christmas!

We thought we’d give a little sneak peak of something in ESv5… We know you’ve been waiting a really long time, but hey, it’s worth it!

We bring you the simplified install process, the fastest updating process, and 100% security!

10 Likes

Is it really worth waiting depends from person to person. Something good for one will not be good for an other. Any product is not perfect, they keep improving on what has been delivered. It is better that you release a basic feature set and keep adding new ones. This way you will not loose who are already there. I nearly lost track of this app in the last few months as I don’t use it anymore. Even over hype can pull your leg down as the expectations are high and even a slight deviation will be a big fall.

Not quite sure what you are getting on about here.