[PRE-RELEASE] EchoSistant V5 - Evolution

If you are referring to the following comment…

…I cannot agree more! Best thing ever for Echosistant, was to bring @coreylista and @tonesto7 on board. They are not developers, they are magicians, hands down!!!

2 Likes

Well, let me know when I can ask Alexa to produce a rabbit out of her hat. :):grin:

Make sure to have a fireworks show the day of release. No lighters for Jason.

Do you guys have a hard date already picked for release (Halloween, ES anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas) or are you still scrambling to get it all wrapped up?

Of course we do. May 20th of some year.

ok. Good luck with that.

I have been “hearting” your hype on the new version but I cannot heart this comment about no more preview videos. :grinning:

1 Like

I know… me too… but I got out voted!

but…

3 Likes

Wait a minute… I didn’t get a vote!.. I vote for more videos!.. There, that vote should put you over the top.

3 Likes

I still don’t have the option of creating a Routine using the iPhone app (on an old 6s) or the Android app (my current Pixel)… despite in showing as a new feature in the app announcements.

Yeah, me neither, on Android. The picture I posted was from a CNet article, not my actual phone …

Would this allow me to say “Alexa, good night” and it would run my good night routine?

Echosistant will remain a custom skill. It will require a “connection” to the skill in order to interact with Alexa. As in the past, connectors like Alexa use/ask/tell something to do something is required. The “smartness” of Echosistant comes from using the “IN” connector. Alexa turn the lights off IN the bedroom. For your use case, “Alexa, tell my home good night”, is probably the closest to more natural interaction…but that is just an example. There will be other ways to do it in v5…

1 Like

It is now finally showing up in the Android app but it doesn’t look like it will allow running SmartThings Routines (Scenes) as the SmartThings Routines don’t show up in the available scenes.

1 Like

They should have pre-populated the default one as “Alexa, make my day!” not start my day…

1 Like
1 Like

Update hasn’t made it here yet.

What’s the Client and App version on your phone Bobby?

Screenshot_20171027-152224

I copied the last post over to the Alexa Routines thread.

The suspense is killing me! Are you guys ever going to release this thing?

3 Likes

I already told you NO!!! Not until it’s close to perfect. It’s worth the wait!

1 Like