[PRE-RELEASE] EchoSistant V5 - Evolution

YAIOTE (Yet Another IoT Ecosystem) – and it does look interesting …

Just bought one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So is this release never going to happen on ST now that they are working on hubittat?

I was wondering if this was a dead product since I got on the beta user group and never heard anything.

1 Like

Not dead. Just priorities shifted.
Developer is now involved in way bigger project - Hubitat.
Echosistant will be very likely ported to that platform also.

This should answer many of the questions of what is happening:

9 Likes

Thanks for the explanation and path forward - this was very needed.

1 Like

Just an FYI

11 Likes

Since Ask Alexa is the way to go, what is the best, most recent, and concise place I can figure out how to install it?

Search for the community installer you will be up and running in no time

3 Likes

Tony is correct that the community installer is the best place to start. For the next month or so the rest of the installation of the Lambda and the skill is manual. I recommend starting here and to ping me (in the Ask Alexa thread: [RELEASE] Ask Alexa) if you need assistance: http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Ask_Alexa

By April (hopefully) we can get all of this automated!

Good luck!

1 Like

Hi bamarayne,

I have been trying to install this fantastic smartApp and everything seems to go OK, until I get to the part where I have to make the Alexa skill in the Lambda environment. I get confuse because the screen shot looks different then the website. Specially when I get to this instruction on the Wiki I get stuck. 15. As shown below, click on “Triggers” and then "+Add Trigger" Is there an other online or PDF instruction? Or can I better wait till version 5 gets released?

Many thanks in advanced,

Jomeg0 (Edward)

I haven’t been on here for a while, I was hoping it would be all automated as I struggled with the “Lambda” stuff and gave up. I also gave up on “Ask Alexa” for the same reason. I am still no closer to knowing much about all this. I have very limited time to spend on here due to my wife’s and my disability. I see on an earlier post about it possibly being ready around April, I think it was mid April I was last on here. Looking through the categories etc I expect it would take me around 2 weeks to catch up on everything, I am lucky to get 2 hours a fortnight to spend trying to catch up. I read somewhere that there is now another project called Hubitat. I wonder if it’s as complicated as this is to get things working. When I bought SmartThings I expected it to be pretty straight forward and to install things as I do with everything else, by using an app. As in Windows or Android. You find an app which has the features or whatever that you want and install it, then once installed you mess around with the settings to get it how you want it. I’m afraid I was born in the pre computer era. We didn’t even have a calculator in school never mind a PC. Anyway, I have now come to the end of my visit here. I hope the next time I log in I can find an app or whatever to install this and other integrations without having to learn how to code or whatever it’s called. I hope no one takes offence to my ramblings, I am just trying to explain how frustrating it all is when a person has little or no knowledge on a subject but wants to get the best out of what they have.

1 Like

I just realized this is a thing and was wondering if this project was still alive, I have tried following all the directions on the thingsthataresmart wiki but they are so outdated that I just can’t figure it out.

1 Like

The app is alive and well, though ESv5 was never released to the public, ESv4 is working fine. The directions are horribly out of date as Amazon has made a multitude of changes to the web sites, and I honestly have not had the time to update it. I’m hoping to get something new together soon.

If you have questions, feel free to ask and we’ll help you out if we can.

So is ESv5 dead?

Consider it in hibernation.
There is a current version 4.6 that I am actively developing with some advanced features that haven’t been seen before.
I plan to have it out asap… may be a couple of weeks with testing.

So does 4.6 require the manual Lambda install?

Yes, it does… but I’ve streamlined it down to a very simple process. The nice thing is, once you install the Lambda and create your skills, you never touch them again… for anything, unless I need to update them for something.

@bamarayne May I ask why there’s no pictures in the wiki? Is it just my view or are there really no pictures? LOL