Post Requests for LAN/WIFI Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

Was there ever any progress on this? Would be great to have.

2 Likes

Edge driver for netatmo wheather station would be awesome.

If anyone has a tip for co2 compatible sensor with smartthings let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please start a new thread for this in the following section of the forum and Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get some responses.

In your first post, mention what country you are in, if you have a SmartThings/Aeotec hub, and if so, which model.

But please keep this thread only for requests for community-created edge drivers. Thanks!

1 Like

hi it would be nice to be able to intergrate octoprint for notifications etc .
thanks
martin

1 Like

There are so many Tuya devices coming out now with new Tuya modules (BK7321 etc) that are not Tasmota compatable.

There needs to be a driver for OpenBeken that can be flashed onto these BK7321 chips which works like Tasmota.

OpenBeken seems currently only compatible with HA.

The other possible future option will be if Tuya does what it said it would, and releases a hub which functions as a ā€œmatter bridge.ā€ if they do, then you should be able to add your Tuya devices to that hub, add that hub to the smartthings app, and it will bring most (although not all) of its devices along with it. It should be easy, simple, communicate locally, And not require any custom code. If that happens as promised, it should be a good alternative integration for many people. But itā€™s not here yet, and we will have to wait and see what actually arrives.

The Tuya ā€œcustomersā€ mentioned in the following news release are the companies like Moes, Yagusmart, Zemismart, etc that rebrand tuya devices under their own label.

This is a good idea. With so many products in the smart home market no one company will every likely get to have a monopoly.

So companies that make their products to include the ability to easily integrate with others, that will be a selling point for them.

1 Like

Hello, I recently purchased jbl link music (wifi) speakers and I was wondering if there is anyway to use them with smartthings. I googled and came across people saying they had success (pre 2018 era). Please let me know if there is any drivers I can use. Of course these speakers have an IPā€¦ Macā€¦ etc

@Mariano_Colmenarejo and @philh30 any help?

Hi @root

Sorry, I canā€™t help you on this

Does anyone know if this has been ported to an edge driver

Would be great to run routines based on mac addresses rather than GPS presence

I still havenā€™t found a edge driver for govee LED light strips yet. Is there one or has everyone given up? Or is it not possible?

2 Likes

Anyone know if there would be a driver to connect Daybetter LED strips directly to ST? Theyā€™re a super affordable LED strip that could be good for some use cases.

DAYBETTER 65.6ft WiFi Smart Led Lights Strip with Tuya App Control for Bedroom Decoration Work with Alexa and Google Assistant(2 Rolls of 32.8ft) https://a.co/d/hxExlvf

Help. I am looking for an edge driver that can signal the TTS engine in the Fully Kiosk API. It has worked great with the Fully Kiosk Browser Controller2 DTH but I am afraid that will stop working any day now. Has anyone seen anything written to handle it? I guess if someone has an edge driver that can call a local HTTP string to the API for fully, that would work, but I need it to show as an available TTS (speaker) so that I can use it for alerts/chimes.

Any more development on the govee driver? This would be awesome

No one is developing a Govee driver including the developer of the previous Govee DTH. Govee itself has said numerous times that it is working on an official integration and the then backtracked each time so any hopes of Govee working with smartthings outside of IFTT is pretty much dead in the water.

Yes thats what I thought and was hopeful that had changed. Govee have always promised integration but never delivered

1 Like

Iā€™m looking for a edge driver for echo/wion wifi plugs, if someone could point me in the right direction a b d or make one you would be my hero been looking all over for an integration fort them cheers

Hey Everyone! There used to be a smartapp for Ambient Weather - Personal Weather Stations. Wondering if we can get an Edge Driver that will support AW.
On their website it looks like they might be looking for someone to work with to create it.
Thanks!

https://ambientweather.com/faqs/question/view/id/1884/

2 Likes

Edge on a hub is sandboxed to only allow network connections to devices on the local LAN. It canā€™t talk to an API on the internet (aka the cloud). Youā€™d need an intermediary device/machine to do the communication to the ambientweather API and then get that data back into an Edge driver using various methods. You could do it via proxy, or some other protocol (http, mqtt, etc).

Or you could write a new SmartApp to do something similar, hosted on a local machine or cloud based engine (aws, some other cloud resource capable of running the SmartApp in the language/environment you chose to use).

My personal solution would be to run the AW stuff on Hubitat and use one of the replication tools
HubiThings Replica or Mira to reflect weather data back into ST. But I run both environmentsā€¦

3 Likes

Has anyone looked into making an edge driver for a DLNA device, like the Fabriq speaker? There was an app in the past Media Renderer Events that let me use TTS to announce things like contact status changes.

2 Likes