Post Requests for Zwave Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

Hi, Again, have another request of sorts, again any help would be great, have a qubino flush 1d zwave relay, have it in a gate attached to a magnet as a sensor, was working before edge had a groovy driver, the sensor no longer changes, to open or close, just says connected, have scoured the net, havent come up with anything

80938c56-eef9-4d37-806f-1787fec0f2d8

Activity history

TODAY

8:23 PM

DeviceInfo:

Z-Wave Device:
Id: 80938c56-eef9-4d37-806f-1787fec0f2d8
DNI: 0x3F
Firmware Ver: nil * Wake Up-Refresh Device
Library Ver: 3
Zw Protocol Ver: nil * Wake Up-Refresh Device
Manufacturer: 0x0159
Product Type: 0x0002
Product ID: 0x0053
End Point & Command Class: [1]: ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, BASIC, SWITCH_ALL, SWITCH_BINARY, SENSOR_BINARY, NOTIFICATION, MULTI_CHANNEL, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, CONFIGURATION

DeviceInfo:

Z-Wave Device:
Id: 80938c56-eef9-4d37-806f-1787fec0f2d8
DNI: 0x3F
Firmware Ver: nil * Wake Up-Refresh Device
Library Ver: nil * Wake Up-Refresh Device
Zw Protocol Ver: nil * Wake Up-Refresh Device
Manufacturer: 0x0159
Product Type: 0x0002
Product ID: 0x0053
End Point & Command Class: [1]: ZWAVEPLUS_INFO, VERSION, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, POWERLEVEL, BASIC, SWITCH_ALL, SWITCH_BINARY, SENSOR_BINARY, NOTIFICATION, MULTI_CHANNEL, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, CONFIGURATION

Hi,

What driver are you using?

If it automatically migrated from DTH to that edge controller, then it may not have been configured correctly and you will need to exclude it and pair it again.

On the other hand, I seem to remember other users who used these relays with an input for a contact sensor, I don’t know if that is their case.

Unfortunately smartthings has only migrated the official DTH code that handled a 0-10v input, and is used with the temperature capability optionally.

The open/close sensor input has not been officially migrated, I think because it was used with a custom DTH

Hi, Im using this one, have excluded and readded, do you recommend to use any other driver ?

For quibino devices, my driver is the same as the stock zwave switch, I haven’t modified anything yet because no one asked me to.

I took a quick look at the driver and qubino documentation and saw an inconsistency that could be the cause of your problem.

The driver set association group 2 to the Hub during device configuration.
According to the manual, the Hub should be associated with group 1.

Install this version of my driver Z-Wave Switch and Child Mc and exclude the device and pair it directly with it. It is no use changing the driver as it would not be configured correctly.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Z-Wave Switch and Child Mc
 Version      2023-10-13T11:03:37.18421768
  1. Associations
    Use associations for direct communication between the Flush 1D Relay device and other devices within your Z-Wave network without the need to use the primary gateway (hub). Association Groups: Root device:
    β€’ Group 1: Lifeline group (reserved for communication with the primary gateway (hub)), 1 node allowed.
    β€’ Group 2: Basic on/off (status change report for Q1 load), up to 16 nodes.
    β€’ Group 3: Basic on/off (status change report for I2 input) up to 16 nodes.
    β€’ Group 4: Binary sensor (status change report for I2 input) up to 16 nodes.
    β€’ Group 5: Notification report (status change report for I2 input) up to 16 nodes.
    β€’ Group 6: Multilevel sensor report (external temperature sensor report – sensor sold separately), up to 16 nodes.
    End point 1 (Wall Switch I1):
    β€’ Group 1: Lifeline group, 0 nodes allowed.
    β€’ Group 2: Basic on/off (status change report for Q1 load), up to 16 nodes.

@Troy_Boutsa Please, tell my if works or not when you try it

In a SmartThings setup, the hub may need to be added to both or state changes may not show up in the SmartThings app. But if that’s an issue it will show up right away. :thinking:

1 Like

Normally assigned lifeline association group is enough for the device to report all states.
Group 2 in this case will only report the changes made manually on physical switch 1 to all associated devices and will not respond to the get commands sent by the hub.

This device also needs the association of group 2, endpoint 3 with the hub, in case it is activated to connect an external temperature probe and this is done correctly by the driver for qubino devices that have this input.

The only doubt I have is that smartthings uses the multichannel association command class to associate with the hub and the manual does not say whether cc multichannel association or cc association should be used.

3 Likes

Does anyone know of an Edge-driver for Neo Coolcam NAS-RP01? It’s a pretty nifty range extender for z-wave with built in temp/hum sensors!

Hi @Troy_Boutsa

Are you tested the new driver version?

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with MC zwave window treatment driver

Hi Mariano,

Can you help me to also add the Simon 100 dimmer iO to one of your edge drivers?
I bought 4 more dimmers and had a electrician install them, and strange thing was that two came in as β€œenergy meter” edge driver, and two as β€œDimmer” edge driver (!).
See below a screenshot from using the Z-wave mc thing.
Best regards/Johan

Here is a link to the product
https://www.simonelectric.com/intl/10002020-230-io-rocker-for-dimmer-switch-matt-white-simon-100.html

@csstup:

The edge driver you’re working on for Eaton outlets, will it also work for the Eaton switch (RF9601) and most importantly the accessory switch (RF9617)? The 9601 works with the generic zwave switch driver, but to my knowledge, no driver (even groovy) supports the 9617.

The RF9617 is just a basic binary switch. It’s not adding as a Z wave switch? Or it’s not adding at all?

https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/3037

If it’s not adding at all, have you tried excluding it first?

That device can be reset locally at the switch.

Turn it on.

Once it is on, hold the paddle down for 20 seconds until the LED has flash for the third time.

Let go of the paddle. If the LED starts blinking, it has been reset, and is ready to be included.

https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/wiring-devices-and-connectivity/wiring-devices/z-wave-plus/z-wave-plus-wireless-switch-accessory-switch-rf9601-rf9617-instruction-sheet.pdf?assetID=gmoney

Hi @Troy_Boutsa

Please, Can you answer me this?
If it doesn’t work, I have to restore the driver as it was.

1 Like

Hi @JohanW

Added to this driver version

Name         Z-Wave Switch and Child Mc
 Version      2023-10-18T16:56:38.664436899        
- id: 0267/0007/0000
    deviceLabel: Simon 100 dimmer iO
    manufacturerId: 0x0267
    productType: 0x0007
    productId: 0x0000
    deviceProfileName: metering-dimmer
2 Likes

Fantastic Mariano, thanks a lot!!

2 Likes

Since the Edge driver have to be used I cannot use anymore my Philio motion sensor. I’m able to connect the Sensor to ST, but it does not work, no Motion being detected. It uses currently the β€˜z-wave sensor’ driver from z-wave Europe.

Many thanks

Has the wiki page (link at the very top of this thread) that lists all the edge drivers been moved? I’m getting a 500 error.

https://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Quick_Browse_Lists_for_Edge_Drivers#Quick_Browse_Links_for_Edge_Drivers

1 Like

So far, no one has stepped up to take over the hosting. :man_shrugging:t2:

The tags are still good, so find anything in this forum with the tag you’re interested in, like β€œedge_lighting” or β€œedge_sensors,” and click on the tag in the topic title, and you’ll see the same list you would’ve seen from the wiki.

It’s a little more work, but should still be helpful. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ah - excellent. Thanks @JDRoberts! I don’t mind an extra step or two.

1 Like