Post Requests for Zwave Edge Drivers Here (community-created)

Hi, is anyone already working on an Edge driver for the Eurotronic Spirit Z-Wave thermostat? Currently, the Thermostat is still recognized as a dimmer switch and cannot be operated.

Hi! Is that possible to add these 2 zigbee drivers?

1. Zemismart zigbee Blind

It uses the DTH with the following code:

2. Aquara Motion Sensor

It uses the DTH with the following code:

Thanks a lot!

I have a Leviton VRMX1-1LZ (Leviton VRMX1-1LZ VIZIA RF PLUS MLV DIMMER | Graybar Store). Currently the only drivers available to it on my hub are SmartThings “Z-Wave Virtual Momentary Switch” and the SmartThings Drivers (Beta) “Z-Wave Switch,” but none of these is allowing proper programatic control of the device. Is there another driver that anyone is aware of? Thanks!

I’m surprised it doesn’t work with the (Beta) zwave switch driver. The device looks like a standard zwave multilevel device. When set to this driver, what does it do/not do?

I agree it is odd, because it worked in the Groovy DTH, the only difference I would say from a “standard” multilevel device is there is only a single push button that toggles between on and off instead of two separate buttons.

In the Beta Z wave switch driver the dimmer value fails to read properly when adjusted manually on the device, and the on/off toggle in the app doesn’t work or works sporadically. It’s odd because it used to appear to work fine. I’m going to delete it and add it back to see if it’s a communication issue.

Edit: Removal and tradition didn’t help. Now the device won’t communicate to the hub.

If you deleted from the app without excluding it, then it won’t be paired to the hub correctly.

1. Exclude using zwave tools in the hub 3 dot menu.
  2. Include via scan nearby or add by brand.

Do you have a link to the Groovy DTH? Is it on github somewhere? Or email me a copy.

When I state that I deleted and added back I did exactly as you indicated above. I excluded the device and repaired it.

The device ID is 001D-0602-0334, and the DTH can be found at the link below.

1 Like

Unless I’m searching wrong or completely missing it, I have yet to find an Edge driver for Gocontrol WAPIRZ-1.
zw:S type:2001 mfr:014F prod:2002 model:0203 ver:4.84 zwv:3.67 lib:06 cc:71,85,80,72,30,86,31,70,84

I’m also not seeing anything for Inovelli NZW36
zw:Ls type:1001 mfr:015D prod:2400 model:2400 ver:5.01 zwv:4.61 lib:06 cc:5E,55,98,9F sec:86,72,5A,85,59,73,25,27,70,5B,71,8E,6C role:05 ff:9D00 ui:9D00

1 Like

would it be posible to have a driver for the sonoff zigbee hub so it could be used localy with smartthings as a repeater etc?
thanks
martin

The Zigbee profiles that smartthings uses only allow for one primary coordinator per network, so you will not be able to add another brand’s Zigbee hub to your smartthings network, regardless of brand.

1 Like

oh right thanks
martin

1 Like

I would like to see a device driver for enphase envoy (solar), and Tesla solar/powerwall.

Would like current power and total energy produced.

Would be nice to super cool/heat the house with excess solar or raise or lower hot water set point.

5 Likes

May I request an Edge Driver for Remotec ZXT-120. The ZXT-120 is a Z-Wave to air-conditioner (AC) IR Extender. I have recently excluded it, and upon inclusion, it doesn’t lock to any edge driver? Only the generic z-wave thermostat which doesn’t seem to any remote code capability.
thanks!

• manufacturer: Remotec Technology Ltd
  • networkSecurityLevel: ZWAVE_LEGACY_NON_SECURE
  • productId: 33655
  • productTypeId: 256
    Raw Description zw:L type:0806 mfr:5254 prod:0100 model:8377 ver:1.20 zwv:3.42 lib:06 cc:20,27,31,40,43,44,70,72,80,86
2 Likes

Its not likely worth the time to support such an old device on Edge. Looking at the manual for the ZXT-120, the customization needed to enable the programming modes isn’t trivial. All for a 1 way IR integration on a Zwave (non plus) device. :frowning:

For IR control of AC units on SmartThings, many people recommend the SwitchBot mini. Its cheap and you’d have plug and play solution. Its not local of course (requires the cloud) but its an easy solution.

1 Like

This will likely pair as a standard zwave switch, once the stock Edge drivers are taken out of beta. They’ll enable the match by device class logic at that point instead of requiring an exact fingerprint.

2 Likes

This device requires HAIL support for the hub to see changes made to the switch at the device, which the stock Edge drivers no longer support. Using HAIL was Leviton’s Zwave (non plus) workaround for the Lutron patent that is now expired. You could also get around the patent by hubs polling the device, which also sucked for other reasons.

I don’t know why the on/off feature isn’t working as it should just be a regular binary zwave update. But the hail issue makes it not worth figuring out.

My suggestion is to replace it with a newer zwave plus device. You’ll get much better performance than trying to work around zwave 300 series implementation issues.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into this
Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. Part of the issue is that I utilize the dimmer with a magnetic low voltage dimmer appliance, and a lot of the Z wave dimmers available are triac dimmers that are not compatible. It looks like the Eaton RF9640-NDW works with magnetic low voltage dimmers so I’ll give that a shot.

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck getting the Smarter Ikettle 3.0 working?
Their customer support said they would look into it years ago. It seem now however they have no interest in smartthings

I currently use Alexa Iftt and virtual switches but direct SmartThings would be great

Thanks

1 Like