[OBSOLETE] "Pollster" - A SmartThings Polling Daemon

Way more functionality. It’s a Swiss army knife. Also harder to use but worth it. Sooo worth it.

It’s a personal decision. I think so, yes.

I use pollster heavily daily - every 3min I think it is but I only use the rest Api. No issues here

I deleted and reinstalled pollster SmartApp; now it seems to be working as expected :slight_smile:

How are you using CoRE to poll/refresh devices.
I’ve had a rummage around and can’t seem to find it.

Probably have to turn on expert mode in CoRE.

The issue is a change in the st schedule() command.

I suggest you edit all polling intervals to be 5-59 minutes.

Use a Time trigger with comparison “happens” then choose the interval. On the THEN side, add an action and select all other devices, then scroll down to Pollable or Refreshable devices. Select your devices, then add a task: Refresh or Poll.

Add a trigger on the Routine capability. Select the routine and choose “executed” as comparison. Voila! :wink:

@ady624 This may be a little OT, but are you seeing reliable scheduling of “happens every” triggers?

Long ago, in the early Alpha days of CoRE, you posted a sample hourly time announcement. I liked it enough to copy it and have used it ever since. But… it stops scheduling after just a few instances. I last refreshed the piston on Friday afternoon. It ran a couple of times but now shows > 63000 seconds past due. If I refresh, it will announce a random number of times, typically 2-4, then quit.

I have at least two pistons that use that and they work flawlessly, forgot I had them :wink: what version are you on?

Anyone else receiving error for Pollster? I am receiving error below.

physicalgraph.scheduling.CronExpressionException: Invalid cron expression found ‘22 0/120 * * * ?’ @ line 221

You should not use times longer than 59 mins as interval

2 Likes

So… If I have a device type that has neither ‘Polling’ nor ‘Refresh’ capability or code, can I simply add the capabilities and use Pollster to trigger them, or must I also have code calling the poll or refresh?

I installed Pollster but every time I set up polling intervals for devices in group 1 and select “done”, when I reenter the smart app, it is all blanked out again as if nothing was scheduled. I can see from the logs that its polling devices but how the heck can I keep track of what’s been selected for what intervals???

I tried deleting Pollster to reinstall, but it won’t let me because it says its installed by one or more users. What the heck???

You may need to go to the IDE and locate it in the installed apps section under your hub. Than you should be able to find the conflicts and delete the app.

Also. Make certain that you copy and publish the RAW code from GitHub.

Is there a reason why battery operated devices do not display for polling? Door and windows sensors that are zwave are what I would like to poll.

Can I pull a web service on a particular IP/port with this SmartApp?

“{“error”:true,“type”:“AccessDenied”,“message”:“This request is not authorized by the specified access token”}”

What’s up with this?

I enabled OAuth and got the URL from the ide.

Just in case I did this wrong the first time, I deleted it and started over.

I’m going to file this under… The endpoint is not working for USA. I copied the code twice, made several different instances of the app, refreshed the client secret. Same results posted in quotes at the beginning of my post. Wish this could work! I need it for my Harmony.