[OBSOLETE] "Pollster" - A SmartThings Polling Daemon

Which ones need polling? My problem is that various SmartApps aren’t triggering on the needed schedules. Why should it matter what devices these SmartApps are triggering?

Excuse me for not understand what is the actual web address to get this to work with makers. I understand the id part but what web address am I using. For people who don’t understand can someone give direction.

The answer is here…

1 Like

i see a bunch of numbers that it what is the full url?

ah I see it showed up later it was a bunch of numbers before.

Doesn’t the pollster support Z-Wave devices?
I have a Aeon Siren and FirstAlert Fire CO combo. Either of those device shows in pollster.

It will also super duper cool if this can include mobile presence.

Still. This app is super helpful already.

For those of you running a RaspPi or 24/7 Linux box, here is how to a 5 min refresh via cron:

Edit Crontab (typically /etc/crontab in Debian/Ubuntu)

Add the following line:

*/5 * * * * root curl https://graph.api.smartthings.com/api/smartapps/installations/##########/poll?access_token=############ > /dev/null 2>&1

Note: Replace the entire https:// site with the URL from your IDE (#### used instead of my personal codes; use yours)

*/5 refreshes every 5 minutes and > /dev/null 2>\%1 silences the output so you don’t get an e-mail report every time it runs.

1 Like

@U3gRJLfQiF9C they do support zwave devices, is it showing up in the list to pollster? Why pollster those devices? i would recommend to look at [RELEASE] Device Monitor - Get Notified if Devices Stop Reporting

1 Like

oh and to add, it could include mobile presence but i dont see that it would be helpful as i think if your mobile presence has an issue then thats an unrelated subject.

to include any device. just copy device type code and create own custom device type and include capability polling or refresh.

Anyone having issues with IFTTT? All of my timed recipes for pollster stopped working about 13 hours ago. Other recipes work fine.

Is Pollster even needed any more since the SmartThings scheduler appears to be fixed?

fixed since when ???

I haven’t had any problem since the new scheduler was rolled out. I’ve also uninstalled Pollster and everything is still working great…

@keltymd Are you still seeing issues with schedules? If you are open a support ticket and PM me so we can take a look.

I still need Pollster to poll SmartWeather, otherwise SmartWeather doesn’t update itself. I had to add my own “Capability Polling” to the source to make it work.

(How else does the SmartWeather device get updated?)

Same reason I keep it

I seem to be having an issue trying to use the REST endpoint url - stopped working a few days ago

When I try to use it I get:
{“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.IllegalArgumentException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

Any thoughts?

***Scratch that - I had some ghost device that was changed/removed some time ago causing an error. removed and reinstalled - all good.

1 Like

All - I apologize upfront if the answer to this question is in one of the 323 responses in this thread but if I set up polling (of an IRIS open/close sensor) how can I configure notifications if the poll fails or doesn’t communicate?

So now that scheduler has been fixed, can be go back to using pollster ad normal instead of using the Rest Poller and IFTTT?

I deleted my pollster rest api app this week as the scheduler seems reliable now.

1 Like