[OBSOLETE] "Pollster" - A SmartThings Polling Daemon

P

This is where I am getting both values. Should I be looking elsewhere?

I posted it few days ago.

Yes, I went there also, and with that URL, I still get an invalid token in my browser when I visit it. I even removed Pollster from my mobile device, re-installed, turned back on the RestAPI endpoint, generated new clientid and tokens and it’s still not working. Any other ideas?

Nope. Seems to be working for everyone else. You’re not in UK by any chance? Anyway, you can try that URL in your browser, it should work.

No, US, but interestingly enough, I fixed it. I generated a new client and token in the IDE smartapp, then removed the smartapp from my mobile device a second time and reinstalled. I am using GitHub integration to sync to your repo and I noticed it got turned off (possibly when I enabled OAuth) and I suspect this might have played into these issues. I turned it back on as well.

I am wondering the same thing. Now that I got the REST API working properly, I setup the Recipe in IFTTT to run at :15 past the hour and the recipe didn’t seem to run according to IFTTT. I would imagine once it runs, you will see log entries in the IDE for the devices that were polled.

It may take a few minutes before your recipe is activated. You can click on IFTTT “Check Recipe now” button to force it to run.

I believe “Check Recipe Now” will only cause it to evaluate the current time and then never do the “Then”. (I could be wrong on that). I was able to manually trigger the Pollster REST API by visiting the url in my browser and it does make log entries.

The error in the IFTTT logs is below. When I go to “edit the Maker Channel” I notice has been disconnected twice and I’ve had to reconnect it. No clue what is going on with IFTTT there.

An error with Maker prevented your Recipe from working. Edit the Maker Channel or try again. If errors persist, visit the Help page for support.

1 Like

Make sure you select GET method and leave Content Type and Body empty. Other than that, not much I can do, unfortunately.

I should have asked a less silly question. I can see that the recipe in IFTTT is running, should I see something within the live logging under pollster to indicate the recipe ran?

You’ll see a short message about apipoll.

Perfect then it is working! I thought that might be the message but it is always about 3-5 minutes behind the IFTTT recipe.

Thanks for your help!

Yes, mine were configured with that. I might contact IFTTT to find out what is going on. Thanks for your help!

I disconnected the channel and removed all recipes and started fresh and it’s finally working now. At least I will now have Pollster running every 15 minutes!

The Rest API is working flawless. Not only am I using it with the Date/Time channel with IFTTT, I created other recipes such as when motion is detected, when I start my car (I have Automatic), and when I enter/exit my home area with the iOS location channel, when Nest is set to Home/Away. Scheduling issues? I will show you Smartthings :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

Hello. I’m very new to REST API and looking for some help. I would like pollster to poll or refresh (not sure which one works) my nest every 10-15 minutes so that its temp reading is updated. I tried using refresh option in pollster and it didn’t work. temp didn’t get updated. how can i get this accomplished?

thanks

Alex

You’ll have to set this up using an external source like ifttt. If you just let ST schedule your polling intervals it will drop them very quickly and you’ll have to restart pollster. You want to use polling to get an update from your nest.

Scroll up to geko’s post #263 and read down, theres plenty of info on how to get this going with ifttt and the rest api.

Just setup 4 triggers using date/time and maker with get command and url. lets see if it works :slightly_smiling:

Follow up - restapi polling works great

1 Like

One last question so I positively understand. Are you supposed to ask Pollster to refresh every device you have every 15 minutes to have true maximum efficiency of this IFTTT workaround?

i wouldn’t poll them all. just the ones that need polling

1 Like