[OBSOLETE] "Pollster" - A SmartThings Polling Daemon

Oh well… not really surprised, just stating the fact:

11:36:07 AM PST: error java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException @ line 67
11:36:07 AM PST: warn Polling task #1 stalled. Restarting…
11:36:07 AM PST: trace watchdog()
11:36:07 AM PST: trace onAppTouch(touch)

After the firmware update I could go into the operating instance of Pollster and save it again - was getting an error previously. Once I did that it appeared to startup periodic polling again.

Well, it starts, but it doesn’t repeat…

I’m still getting UndeclaredThrowableException after the firmware update. Total garbage. :frowning:

12:38:41 PM PST: error java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException @ line 67
12:38:41 PM PST: warn Polling task #1 stalled. Restarting…
12:38:41 PM PST: trace watchdog()
12:38:41 PM PST: trace onAppTouch(touch)

1 Like

Mine finally kicked into gear. It doesn’t last too long without the watchdog needing to help out, though - about 30 minutes or so. Subscribing to the temperature change event really is helping out for me here.

Since none of this is executing on the hub I didn’t have too much hope that the hub change would fix it…
Also, the status page indicates that all of the smartapp “degraded” areas are US only, not UK.

This is just updating the info. for 3 nests and the weather tile automatically. I have some lights coming on/off around sunset/rise but they are backed up by mode changes that are event based (things start happening or quieting down) so don’t even notice when they don’t fire (which I think they didn’t this morning).

All in all, my wife doesn’t even notice there is anything unstable - walk into a room, lights turn on, leave, they turn off after a while. If I wasn’t looking at the logs I probably wouldn’t know, either. Guess it is lucky we aren’t predictable enough to be able to use time-based schedules… Who knew, first time for anything.

I’m getting it in any call to unsubscribe().

1 Like

I have a Rule in Rule Machine that is throwing UndeclaredThrowableException on unschedule() and has been since prior to the firmware update. I am not familiar enough to know whether or not this is the problem but when I look at the rule’s scheduled jobs there is an entry with null handler and null next run time.

My other Rules and Pollster are working.

Hi does the app need to be open for polster to refresh or poll,?

No. It does not.

1 Like

This error was (is?) prevalent for Hub V1 users as well (myself included), so I doubt the Hub V2 firmware would have helped. Perhaps one of the other Platform / database upgrades over the next few days…

1 Like

Any idea if the db update will or is intended to fix schedules?

FYI, Pollster version 1.4.2 is out there. Worked around the UndeclaredThrowableException thrown by unschedule().

2 Likes

So, just to be sure, SmartThings scheduler is still broken (see the reference below.) and Pollster did stall twice since I updated it yesterday. But the good news is that in both cases it was restarted by the watchdog.

1 Like

I see much better scheduled activity happening in my thermostat polling using pollster since the db updates.

New here and just installed Pollster to use with my Nest. I set this up to poll every 1 minute (just to test). When I go into the ‘Recently’ tab of the Nest, I see 1 entry for Polling Nest and then no updates. I was expecting to see something like Nest Setpoint is XXx Nest Temperature is XXx. Should I see it do that or is the Polling Nest the only update I would expect to see in this view and its the Right Now view that would be updated with the info ? Just trying to understand if I set something wrong up here.

Thanks for the work on this, much appreciated and for any help you can offer !

After changing a polling interval, does pollster take effect right away or does the Play button have to be pressed?

New settings take effect as soon as you tap “Done”

Is there still the schedule issue going on with ST? I set my refresh to 60 minutes but pollster is not refreshing.

Yes, for the past couple of days, Pollster needs to be restarted every few hours. I think we’re heading for a fun week-end again. :confused:

1 Like

I’m seeing an issue where Pollster won’t run by itself (so to speak), I set it for 1 min, 2 mins etc to poll a Nest and it doesn’t seem to do it unless I force the run.