Flume Water Monitor

Hi All,

This seems like a newer product and the reviews look pretty promising. Basically, this unit attaches to compatible water meters (not all of them) and then passes this information on to a hub. You can review the information on their app or I believe their web interface. They’ve just recently introduced an API, too…

Here’s the link to review Amazon comments:

Here’s the company’s site:

And here’s the link to their API information:

I don’t have this unit (yet), but I am very interested in it. The only thing I’d love it to have is some sort of interface between ST’s and their API. If I knew more about API’s, I’d try to integrate this myself.

I’m sharing this here in hopes someone might already have this integrated with ST or be interested in trying. Either way, you might find this device useful for leak protection.

1 Like

Or for a few bucks more you can get another meter that’s already Zwave Plus capable and working with SmartThings:

https://www.fortrezz.com/shop/flow-meter

You can get creative and push your data usage to Google sheets (or another solution) for long term usage or graphing. Fortrezz also has a couple SmartApps to help you detect slow leaks, and a few other alerts. You can also set up a SHM rule (in Classic and maybe the new app) to alert you when water is running when you’re away and shut off values.

I’ve been using this meter since it was released, and I love it. Here’s a snapshot of the DTH I customized for myself. Click on the image to expand it: (FortrezZ does publish their own DTH too)

Thanks, yes, I have seen this one, too. If I could somehow learn to write a DTH with the Flume, I’d give it a try…

What appeals to me about the Flume is there are no pipes to cut, etc. It just straps on to the meter. From the reviews, it appears to be extremely accurate.

Do you have any information on how to set up the Google sheets? Would like to look into this more. Also does fortezz have an API?

Here you go:

For what device? There’s no API needed for any of their devices since they’re all zwave. They do have their own logging website for the meter, but why pay for that when Google Sheets can do it too.

1 Like

It may be possible these guys figured it out with flume API

1 Like

Nice spot.

I don’t know anything about Home Assistant. I wonder how hard it would be to adapt their version to ST? Ideally, it would be nice to incorporate something into webCoRE.

@smartie It’s done, enjoy. It’s a frankenstein using bits of this and that and lots of the google juice…

It doesn’t have the home/away that stream labs water meter has so the interface looks slightly different.
Also you will need to adjust for your time zone line 337.

Since it’s a frankenstein app it might have redundant methods…feel free to clean up methods or debug statements as you see fit.

1 Like

Appreciate it. Unfortunately, I wasn’t too impressed with the product and got rid of it. I’m looking at the Phyn now, but I don’t believe they have an API.

1 Like

Phyn looks pretty advanced. I almost returned the Flume sensor but once customer support provided link to API i kept it…since it actually caught a slow leak while we were out. I needed the smartthings link to close the zwave water valve. Phyn seems to have all those things talking to each other.

Didn’t realize how many of these devices have started to come to market. I would be surprised if Phyn didn’t have API…anyway let us know how Phyn works out for you.

If I get it, it’s going to be the “cheaper” one without the valve shutoff (I already have the Leakgopher). The main issue I see is that their “plumbing check” can only be done in conjunction with the water being shut off to the house. Not a big deal, but if you have a separate valve like I do, I don’t see any current integration to have those checks being done (used for pinhole leaks).