Please help me delete everything to start over

Ok I’ve been spending hours on this and not making reasonable progress, so I appeal for help here. This is nowhere as easy as it should be.

I want to delete everything so I can start over. All locations, all devices, all automations, all smart apps. Everything. I tried deleting the location but that didn’t work. Samsung support suggested I needed to delete all devices first, which you cannot do en masse and have to do on a one-by-one basis. I had over 60 devices… I started to delete them in the Android app but then they all mysteriously disappeared. But I still couldn’t delete the location. I also had trouble deleting all the automations from the app… a few were kicking back a “connectivity” error. So then I went to the web IDE, and it seemed all my devices were still there. I tediously went through deleting them one by one but 19 gave me errors and won’t delete. When I try to delete my one hub I get a “500: Internal Server Error”. When I try to delete some of my remaining Smart Apps (4x webCoRE apps and one for my Ecobee), I get “This SmartApp can’t be deleted at this time because it is installed by one or more users”.

Here’s an example of the error I get when trying to delete one of the remaining devices (a ST motion sensor):

Hibernate operation: could not update: [physicalgraph.app.InstalledSmartAppData#2a249258-34d1-4e9c-9e94-d780e82bb55e]; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [update installed_smart_app_data set version=?, data_type=?, encrypted=?, installed_smart_app_id=?, name=?, value_string=? where id=? and version=?]; SQL state [25S03]; error code [0]; (conn=4695841) Communications link failure with primary host na04useast2-datamgmt.cluster-cwcarkwvvr9r.us-east-2.rds.amazonaws.com:3310. Connection timed out; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: (conn=4695841) Communications link failure with primary host na04useast2-datamgmt.cluster-cwcarkwvvr9r.us-east-2.rds.amazonaws.com:3310. Connection timed out

Any help much appreciated… thanks!

go back to the ST app, go to the Automations section and open your instance(s) of webcore and remove. Also remove any smartapps that you are using. Now you should be able to remove the 4 smartapps for webcore in IDE. In the ST app, go to Menu > settings (cog) and open Linked services… if you have any, edit and delete them. Then try to remove more devices in IDE.

You can also remove the groovy smartapps from IDE under Locations > smartapps.

May or may not help but you can try

hope you had backup codes for your pistons before removing webcore

1 Like

I go into webCoRE, then Settings, at the bottom “Uninstall webCoRE”. It says “Processing…” for a bit, then I get a screen:

CAUTION
You are about to completely remove webCoRE and all of its pistons.
This action is irreversible.
If you are sure you want to do this, please tap on the Remove button below.

Except there is no “Remove” button. Only a “Next” button. If I click [Next], I get “Processing…” again for a few moments, then it just takes me back to the Settings screen.

The only ones left are “MyEcobeeInit” and “SmartCam HD Pro”. When I go into MyEcobeeInit, I just have an “About” page. The only option to delete comes if I click the 3 dots in the upper-right. When I choose that, nothing happens (no errors, nothing changes on the screen).

When I go into “SmartCam HD Pro”, I don’t even get the 3 dots in the upper right. I just get a “SmartCam Setup” screen with a “Welcome” box, and options to “Setup new camera” and “Connect to existing camera”.

I deleted a few, but “AccuWeather Connect” and “Skybell (Connect)” persist. When I try to delete either one, I get "A network or server error occured. Try again later.

When I try to remove any of the persistent Smart Apps from there, I get “There was an error uninstalling your SmartApp.”

I don’t care about any of my old pistons. New house, new setup. I want to start purely from scratch.

let me correct myself :slight_smile:

in the Automations section… click on the three dots in the upper right of the screen and select Delete. That will work better LOL

Ok the only ones I’m now seeing there are “MyEcobeeInit” and “webCoRE”. When I click on the 3 dots, then the (-) on either, I get “There was a problem connecting. Try again later.”

that or contact ST support again

Why not just factory reset your smartthings hub? Since you want to start from scratch your going to have to factory reset all your devices too. Factory resetting everything is the easiest way.

That only makes the hub ready to be repurposed. It doesn’t clear the hub, devices, automations, etc from your Samsung Account.

You can delete your Samsung account online and then start a new account when your ready to redo everything from scratch.

Not a good idea though for v2 hubs